What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

If MSS development is completed, what is taking so long to post a few more videos ?

Or is MSS still in development ? If it is, I doubt we will see it released end of Jan.

I am just curious how often do you make videos yourself to show off something or how great you are at something? I don't mean that negatively, just that I feel that videos are a little more difficult to do well and produce something of quality than perhaps some might think. It could just be me though :).

I know when I start feeling extremely anxious and cannot stop obsessing over waiting on someone or something my time is much better spent doing something productive and turning my attention away from the thing I am obsessing over wondering why it's not here yet.

Come on, we are not asking for a blockbuster epic video here, just some short videos showing various features of this library, surely that doesn't take more than a day or two max to make a few videos.

I am just curious how often do you make videos yourself to show off something or how great you are at something? I don't mean that negatively, just that I feel that videos are a little more difficult to do well and produce something of quality than perhaps some might think. It could just be me though :).

I know when I start feeling extremely anxious and cannot stop obsessing over waiting on someone or something my time is much better spent doing something productive and turning my attention away from the thing I am obsessing over wondering why it's not here yet.
So if I'm looking at this situation as optimistically as possible then I am in agreement, I think them taking their time with videos and demos is possibly due to the fact they really want to make sure they are literally PERFECT (based on their standards). We've all been waiting for this library for years, so it makes sense that them releasing actual demos showcases as good as it can be, as we all have super high expectations, and they want to ensure the maximum commercial potential by not showing disappointing demos.

This is my optimistic take on it, but I can't help but be worried!

No,no and no

@muziksculp

I want a Blockbuster Video showing everything with perfect CGI and big Drama and a lot of Action and Overacting... in Disney Quality :)

So where is my dammed Avengers MSS ultra multi universal infinite apocalypse time travel super video?....

MSS does not mean Marvel Super Strings???
damm

@WinterEmerald

Videos are not important, but the release date is...and of course some demos...
Important for me personally, cause i must plan my investments...

No,no and no

@muziksculp

I want a Blockbuster Video showing everything with perfect CGI and big Drama and a lot of Action and Overacting... in Disney Quality :)

So where is my dammed Avengers MSS ultra multi universal infinite apocalypse time travel super video?....

MSS does not mean Marvel Super Strings???
damm

@WinterEmerald

Videos are not important, but the release date is...and of course some demos...
Important for me personally, cause i must plan my investments...
Of course the release date and demos are super important, but the videos are demos in themselves, it's giving us pretty straightforward examples of how this is going to sound, though I am anxious to hear their legato and other elements. So far, I am hugely impressed and likewise, I need to plan my purchases. I really hope we get it at the end of this month but yeah, wouldn't be surprised. I didn't really have a lot of optimism in the answer I saw in the forum.

Even if MSB was a big, low key hit, the reactions here on it from non-users would warrant caution for a new release.

I'm pleased that they were so up front with the pricing. I'm very interested in a new video. But I don't blame them for taking their sweet time.

(edited for brevity)

Last edited:
My assumption is that MSB wasn't a big hit (I'm not entirely sure why... I'm still curious about it, but people don't seem wild about it here despite only a few comments from actual owners), so there's got to be a lot riding on this release. It makes sense that they're being cautious with the rollout of content.

I'm pleased that they were so up front with the pricing. I'm very interested in a new video. But I don't blame them for taking their sweet time.
Well, I think if MSS is ready for release, and is a fantastic sounding library, it will sell itself, they don't need to make believe anything. The Library is what it is, and they are the developers, not new users, so It should be straight forward for them to showcase what they have, no magic tricks needed.

Looking forward to seeing more videos being released, faster :)
Yeah that's another point. Them saying they can dedicate more time to them means it must be virtually there, unless they're now only releasing videos as the relative articulations they're showcasing are fully completed programming-wise, which could mean a delay if there's still much to do

So, is this library not complete as far as development is concerned ?

Are they still fine-tuning it ?

Has it been sent to NI for encoding, or not yet. If it is not completed yet, that means they have not yet sent it for NI encoding, which means it won't be out this month, maybe Feb. then ?

Well, I think if MSS is ready for release, and is a fantastic sounding library, it will sell itself, they don't need to make believe anything. The Library is what it is, and they are the developers, not new users, so It should be straight forward for them to showcase what they have, no magic tricks needed.
I'm not so sure! The users of MSB seem to like it a lot but it didn't get much traction in the forums. Marketing is still important. Of course we can't assume it didn't sell well just because it doesn't get full attention here. I've been surprised by sales figures and polls here in the past. But lucky for them the hype seems to be on their side with this release

Yeah that's another point. Them saying they can dedicate more time to them means it must be virtually there, unless they're now only releasing videos as the relative articulations they're showcasing are fully completed programming-wise, which could mean a delay if there's still much to do
Well... If that's the case, this would surely move the release date to Feb.

Are you, like, expecting this for an urgent project?
No, I'm not, and I have many other string libraries, but that's not the point here.

We are discussing the release of a new Strings Library that has an estimated release date of end of Jan. if it is not on time, then it will be out in Feb. As if I'm the only one here who wants to see MSS released ASAP. I don't get it.

Top Bottom