What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

MSS is going to be way more extensive and versatile than BBSCO CORE, and I expect more expensive. But CORE will give you a lot of other instrument basics, though.
yea I know. I wish it would come out the same time as SF sales...

I have a feeling when this was announced to be released by the end of this month,
there might have been people who decided to pass on Black Friday sales.

IMO, they should at least throw some kind of a "bone" for those people :D
If demos are a no-go, even a price would be great.

@dxmachina Just out of curiosity – are any of MSS’s tone presets based on LotR, like the “Fellowship Ring” color in LASS? I’ve really grown partial to that tone in my strings writing, and I hope I can keep it going when MSS comes around …

One more general question about Audiobro's vsts :. does the ART function sustain with the sustain pedal ? would be great . It works in Toc2 but not in Spitfire's Ostinatum. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity – are any of MSS’s tone presets based on LotR, like the “Fellowship Ring” color in LASS?

The Fellowship reverb is definitely included (as are all the preset reverbs used for the LASS colors). In terms of timbral color preset (outside of reverb) there isn't a Fellowship preset at this point, but we can definitely take some requests if that's something you're hoping for. The reverb will get you pretty close though...

does the ART function sustain with the sustain pedal ?

Out of the box the sustain pedal is assigned to the ART on/off button. So you'd hold the pedal and then any notes you want rhythm-ized. If you want the pattern to sustain itself while the pedal is still down (but after you release notes) you would also assign the pedal to the Latch button.

TLDR; yes, when using "Latch" mode.

--

I know everyone is anxious for some more info on pricing and video/audio. I think you can expect that after the holidays.

The Fellowship reverb is definitely included (as are all the preset reverbs used for the LASS colors). In terms of timbral color preset (outside of reverb) there isn't a Fellowship preset at this point, but we can definitely take some requests if that's something you're hoping for. The reverb will get you pretty close though...
Timbre is definitely what I’m thinking about when I’m talking about presets. Reverb-wise, I use my own plugin that I apply to all instruments for a cohesive feel. But I love LASS’s ability to change the timbre of the strings – light & airy (Airy Strings), epic & sweeping (Fellowship), dark & moody (Bat Man), brooding & dramatic (Shawshank), close & classical (Tallis), etc., etc. It instantly gives the library so much versatility by allowing it to fit just right with different styles & moods. Would be fantastic to have something like that with MSS.

Have aleatoric and general effects come up yet? Considering Uist at the moment, which I know has brass and winds, but still curious.

I just went over the feature list, and for a comprehensive library I'm really missing something important here. I see there's fingered legato, great. But where's the bow-change 'legato' for detached playing? For many passages that's equally important as slurred.

I just went over the feature list, and for a comprehensive library I'm really missing something important here. I see there's fingered legato, great. But where's the bow-change 'legato' for detached playing? For many passages that's equally important as slurred.

@Sovereign

I'm glad you noticed this important detail. (Thanks)

Yes, I would like to hear from AudioBro or beta-testers if MSS offers Bowed-Legatos ?

It would not make sense not to offer this type of legato in this library.

I think it's not uncommon for most of the comprehensive libraries to have one or the other. In fact, I think there are very few libraries that have both and when that's the case, chances are big to expect quality issues. So I'm personally the kind of guy who prefers when developers focus their attention on 1 legato type instead of being splitted(and likely distracted) over 2. In the MSS case I'm glad they went for fingered legato. Especially that there might be a decent workaround for simulating bow-change legato with the "intuition" patches' disconnected legato (but that if they were ever able to bring the intuition patches to MSS)

@Batrawi ,

Bowed-Legatos are not easily emulated using fingered legatos. So, I wonder how AudioBro plans to implement Bowed-Leagos if they haven't sampled them.

@Batrawi ,

Bowed-Legatos are not easily emulated using fingered legatos. So, I wonder how AudioBro plans to implement Bowed-Leagos if they haven't sampled them.
1) they may just not implement it
2) they may implement it the CineStrings way (legato transitions with short notes overlay) but in MSS they may even take advantage for more convincing results with the various note attacks which they already recorded. Or...
3) go for scripted bow-change legato with the intuition patches

I think it's not uncommon for most of the comprehensive libraries to have one or the other.
Which I always considered a major issue. Neither one is a substitute for the other. Players will be often alternating bow strokes when playing.

Top Bottom