What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Do you think purchasing LASS full now would be unwise? I don't want to miss out on BF deals - I've been eying a number of string libraries (CSS, Afflatus etc) ...ugh.

Edit: seeing the comments on their Modern Scoring Brass definitely gives me pause.

That was their first shot at Brass, and the whole concept of using only solists and centered-recording for MSB was a mistake imo. But they delivered lots of arts and was seeming usable (though I didn't buy).

With Strings I don't think they'll get this wrong, and I like center-recording for Strings, as I like to change out the Vl. II's & Celli position wise. The whole-divisi thing is un-necessary imo, but if the sound is good, it'll be great. Lot's of interesting features apparently!

This announcement is giving me some weird flashbacks. Let's hope it's not another disappointment like Modern Scoring Brass was. After all the buzz words, hype and promises to revolutionize brass forever, the sound was VERY underwhelming. No surprise MSB faded into oblivion.

You forgot to add "in my opinion". Not a disappointment at all to me. MSB is the only brass library I own that gives me the perfect balance of control and playability to dial in all the nuances I need. And that's coming from a hardcore Sample Modeling user.

Here's a rough no-bullshit snippet from a mockup I'm working on. You can't get more exposed than that. If you know the source material, go ahead and have a listen:

MSB sends shivers down my spine every time I play it and that's enough for me. The Intuition patches are fantastic, I hope MSS has something similar. I absolutely appreciate user feedback, especially the negative ones, and hardly if ever call someone out, but what you said is simply not true.

Here's a rough no-bullshit snippet from a mockup I'm working on. You can't get more exposed than that. If you know the source material, go ahead and have a listen:

I still find it baffling, that they didn't put out more demos for MSB. A demo like that would have given a very different and for my taste better impression of the library.

Hoping for the best with MSS, because the features of the engine do seem pretty neat.

With Century Strings 2.0 on a great sale as well as Afflatus and some others, it is difficult to decide whether to wait for an attractive "crossgrade" price (I feel the word 'crossgrade' eludes to a more expensive price than if they would have said 'upgrade') or to jump ship and go with one of the current state-of-the-art libraries that are on attractive sales.

It would help if at least the pricing was announced now.

Of course we can wait another year (not that we suddenly cannot make music with an older library) and see them laid out on BF sales altogether.

You forgot to add "in my opinion". Not a disappointment at all to me. MSB is the only brass library I own that gives me the perfect balance of control and playability to dial in all the nuances I need. And that's coming from a hardcore Sample Modeling user.

MSB sends shivers down my spine every time I play it and that's enough for me. The Intuition patches are fantastic, I hope MSS has something similar. I absolutely appreciate user feedback, especially the negative ones, and hardly if ever call someone out, but what you said is simply not true.

Great mockup. I really like MSB as well, but it does have a learning curve. And a processor hit in VEPro that I am a little bit worried about with MSS. Hoping the cross-grade loyalty pricing is attractive since I was a LASS pre-order customer in 2009.

That was their first shot at Brass, and the whole concept of using only solists and centered-recording for MSB was a mistake imo. But they delivered lots of arts and was seeming usable (though I didn't buy).

With Strings I don't think they'll get this wrong

I have similar feelings.
They have more experience with strings and on top of that, LASS 2.5 has good reputation.

I think there's going to be people torn between spending their budget on blackfriday sales or to just wait and spend on MSS.
Not having any demos, walkthroughs or even a simple trailer is going to make this decision hard for some.

It's from Medal of Honor

That mockup sounds amazing btw

Thanks. Yeah this is a perfect example of knowing your library and running with it, good job @zolhof

I still find it baffling, that they didn't put out more demos for MSB. A demo like that would have given a very different and for my taste better impression of the library.
The lack of better demos, particularly user demos like the one here, didn't inspire any confidence. Not hating, everything I heard until now sounded bad, my OPINION.

Why are they waiting to post some demos/examples until the release? And why not list the full price/cross grade prices now?
Probably because a lot of things aren't ready or sorted out yet, but they want to let us know it's coming so we don't blow it all on BF sales. Even without demos, we got way more information than we did about CSW's similar "save your BF money" announcement.

The Sul Tasto legato is very exciting. I mean, I just picked up the OT special bows. But it's not really something I could ever get enough of.

Especially from the folks who brought us Genesis (which is mind blowing).

I'm already excited for sul tasto lines with Genesis.

but they want to let us know it's coming so we don't blow it all on BF sales.

Pretty hard to not go all in with BF sales lol

Even a simple scale played with a legato patch would be great to listen to, to check if the timbre fits your taste and also to see the quality of the legatos.

Top Bottom