What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

muziksculp

Yes, you completely misread what he was saying. The complete opposite of what he said is what you understood.
I'm glad I got it the opposite way. :)

LOL... I initially thought he is saying that they are doing us a favor and rushing the videos out so we can get an idea of how the library sounds, although the library is not completely finalized yet. So, it is easy to read things the other way sometimes.

maestro2be

I interpreted it to mean that if a video is released on a certain aspect of the library, then that particular aspect is completed but elements which do not yet have videos are still in progress. The takeaway for me, then, was that the library is mostly completed.
Yours certainly would be the easier one to confuse if you ask me. However, he literally said he won't do ANY videos until the library is totally finished. He's telling you, we're done, or we wouldn't be giving you videos at all period. Because he wants you to see it as a finished product, not Beta.

He said demos would come completely last. I just say give us the library and let us make them lol.

FireGS

Lol sorry it wasn't meant to be. To be honest, I have no idea what native language everyone speaks here so I try to be fair. My wife is from another country than I and it's very easy to do actually. Sorry if it sounded rude :). Muzik is a nice dude and really participates nicely on these boards. No harm meant!
I was just playin' :P

Raphioli

Just watched the latest video and really like how it sounds.
Especially like the sound which the close mics capture.
And the video was very comprehensive! That tighten knob and slam button will definitely be handy.

Will be looking forward to more :)

maestro2be

Could rephrase that as how many string quintets with bass players have you heard without bass players?

It's absolutely what CSSS is missing the most and I have to substitute with other libraries when using it
This is really a good question overall. What is the purpose of not recording a solo bass? I honestly don't know other than financial? Do people just think of string quartets as 2 violins, 1 viola and 1 cello and basses don't matter? I think they are critical for that up front sectional sound when you want that up close intimate solo instrument stacked with your ensemble as well. That 1st chair solo sound. I believe that LASS has FC Solo Basses if I remember correctly.

maestro2be

Given the many features MSS has, I'm guessing we will be watching lots of MSS videos. Which is like watching a new, and very cool Netflix series. So far we have watched three episodes, looking forward to Episode 4 :dancedance:
I am not sure if it's an indication of accuracy, but on their page there's now 3 videos, and 3 place holders. So perhaps 3 more videos? There's more unknown information to add to the speculation conversation :).

muziksculp

I am not sure if it's an indication of accuracy, but on their page there's now 3 videos, and 3 place holders. So perhaps 3 more videos? There's more unknown information to add to the speculation conversation :).
I doubt three more videos will cover all the features of MSS, especially since they are releasing feature-focused videos, rather than mixed features long videos.

maestro2be

Hmm. Shorts walkthru not as jaw dropping as the ostinato and aleatoric videos but I will have another look.
Curious what you didn't find so great? I thought it was very thorough and has lots of adjustments that don't go getting all phasey and fake sounding to me. That martele is a gorgeous attack for doing that pumping slow rhythm music. Very useful for classical music.

Casiquire

Nobody else noticed the gentle string demo in the background? 😏

It sounds to me like it has a more subtle vibrato. I hope it comes with a molto layer for those moments but it sounds like it's doing a decent amount of expression without overdoing the vibrato

dxmachina

but is the articulation selector and ostinato feature functionally the same as it would be for hard programming the notes in?
For the recorded ostinatos in the first video there would be some MIDI editing to get the parts score-ready if that's the gist of the question. The "Played" mode would be very quick work to turn into a score IMO. Now the shorts Ostinato Tool on the other hand - well stay tuned on that.

I feel like a lot of developers go out of their way to neuter this phenomenon, but for added realism, I feel like it SHOULD be there.

The real question - was this intentional/deliberate? ;) Answer wisely.
We're big fans of keeping things 99.9% in their natural state - especially for the split mics.

I love my close mics and these sound great.

And WOW the tighten knob was a lot more than I expected.
Thanks. The close mics are killer. Honestly my favorite close mics on any library I've ever used.

Was this library also recorded at Studio 22 in Budapest?
Sorry, I'm not able to answer this contractually. It's a great sounding studio though - Genesis was recorded there.

With libraries like this that have a Rhythm Tool or Arpeggiator, how do people go about them if they're on a VEPro server separate from the DAW? Do you just use Coupled instances so the DAW project stores these attributes?
I'm personally a big fan of working decoupled for my main template. So all the settings are generally made with MIDI CCs or using Key Switching. I'm a Logic guy primarily, so Articulation Sets have basically changed my life.

Evans

Guitarist
I'm personally a big fan of working decoupled for my main template. So all the settings are generally made with MIDI CCs or using Key Switching. I'm a Logic guy primarily, so Articulation Sets have basically changed my life.
I prefer working Decoupled as well, just wondering how it works with that specific type of feature. Same goes for the phrase builder with Genesis, really. The information has to be saved in-project somehow, I would assume. Decoupled wouldn't work.

With that said, I'll likely buy this either way and give it a go! Won't hurt if I need one or two of my few dozen libraries saved as Coupled!

Noeticus

Motion Picture Producer
During the MSS "Shorts" video, how many instruments are playing at the same time during the demo?

One Divisi section.... or ?

Top Bottom