What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Casiquire

What happened here? Who said anything about or related to “slut”? Is this a UK thing?

It made perfect sense to me as a joke with no sideways undertones

On topic, I’m excited to see how te rest of it sounds. Not that I can afford it anyway, but it may be something to save for. I’ve been saving for CSS but, you know, this could be good.
Because of the big controversial thread about renaming gearslutz. The comment read as a reference to that thread

Noc

Because of the big controversial thread about renaming gearslutz. The comment read as a reference to that thread
OT, but thanks for clarifying this. Hadn’t heard of that kerfuffle, so the reaction to easyrider’s joke seemed quite strange.

Back on-topic … I wonder if the Audiobro crew plans on releasing one video every few days. At this rate they’ll have only covered a fraction of the library’s features before it’s released, assuming it does happen before the end of the month.

(Also: Is it maybe unrealistic to hope they have some setting that replicates a flautando tone? As it is that’s basically the only articulation I’d really like that’s missing from this one.)

dxmachina

Can you update us as to if MSS will indeed be released (all being well) by the end of January?
We're doing our best. :emoji_cold_sweat:

Do you have a schedule for the videos ? (It seems 5-6 days currently!)
Pretty much as soon as they're ready. We're able to dedicate a lot more time to them now, so I think they'll start to come faster pretty soon.

What colour are the shoes of the Cello Leaders? !
We confiscate all shoes for fear of foot tapping.

What food does your cat eat? ! We need more information !!!!!!
Wife claims to be allergic, so we're a dog house. Dog eats duck, but mostly dreams about peanut butter cookies.

They recorded Sul Tasto, which is basically flautando
I think between Sul Tasto and harmonics you will be very happy.

Paul Jelfs

We're doing our best. :emoji_cold_sweat:

Pretty much as soon as they're ready. We're able to dedicate a lot more time to them now, so I think they'll start to come faster pretty soon.

We confiscate all shoes for fear of foot tapping.

Wife claims to be allergic, so we're a dog house. Dog eats duck, but mostly dreams about peanut butter cookies.

I think between Sul Tasto and harmonics you will be very happy.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer those questions - especially about those naughty Cellists that won't stay still in Class.

Weirdly enough when I wanted a Puppy or Kitten , my wife was allergic. But then she wanted a cat, then a puppy , then another one. And you can guess who got their way and when.

Being Serious for a minute, is the "Crunch" as they call it in the video game industry (Working silly hours in the weeks leading up to a release) also a thing in the Audio industry?

I imagine it will be, but because we are talking much smaller teams, It is mainly the owners / bosses that do the crunch as opposed to the much bigger employed staff/ teams at game developers ?

Or are there more people involved then you would maybe think (for sample releases ) ?

Cheers

PJ

Paul Jelfs

When you develop your own product and have not any owners/bosses other than yourself, you inevitably end up working all the day and night...
Though some of the bigger companies like Native Instruments employ hundreds if not thousands. I wonder if the problem of crunch exists in these types of companies (The largest ones)

Paul Jelfs

Though some of the bigger companies like Native Instruments employ hundreds if not thousands. I wonder if the problem of crunch exists in these types of companies (The largest ones)

EDIT oh and good old Bergy Ringer. Though they do not do samples. YET.....

Raphioli

Besides the walkthrough videos, I'm curious what's going on with the demos.

They planned to release MSS last year, so I'm assuming the demos are already done.
So it would be greatly appreciated if we could listen to a demo or two, since we only have a week till the end of Jan :)

Thx!

lettucehat

Yeah that's something I don't get. It must be a conscious choice, unlike the slow trickle of videos, which is the result of it being just two guys doing it as fast as they can. You would think demos get farmed out to a few hand-picked third party composers, so they must be waiting until the actual release. Or maybe they have accompanying videos. I'm dying here but can't complain.

Noc

The funny thing is I’m working on a piece right now that has an extended sul tasto passage, and I don’t have any string libraries with sul tasto (only thing close is Spitfire Symphonic Strings, which has “super sul tasto”, which is way too soft), so I’m just using LASS con sordino as a placeholder for now, and I’m really hoping MSS will come out soon enough that I can grab it and shove that sul tasto in this piece before I have to finish it with some other alternative.:emoji_fingers_crossed:

EDIT: I just noticed – 50 pages in and almost a thousand posts in this thread before MSS is even released! And to think the venerable CSW hype thread had two years to grow to the same length, whilst this one’s only been here a couple months. :cool:

Eptesicus

The funny thing is I’m working on a piece right now that has an extended sul tasto passage, and I don’t have any string libraries with sul tasto (only thing close is Spitfire Symphonic Strings, which has “super sul tasto”, which is way too soft), so I’m just using LASS con sordino as a placeholder for now, and I’m really hoping MSS will come out soon enough that I can grab it and shove that sul tasto in this piece before I have to finish it with some other alternative.:emoji_fingers_crossed:

EDIT: I just noticed – 50 pages in and almost a thousand posts in this thread before MSS is even released! And to think the venerable CSW hype thread had two years to grow to the same length, whilst this one’s only been here a couple months. :cool:

The original CSW thread went well over 100 pages I believe.

Top Bottom