What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Eptesicus

This announcement is giving me some weird flashbacks. Let's hope it's not another disappointment like Modern Scoring Brass was. After all the buzz words, hype and promises to revolutionize brass forever, the sound was VERY underwhelming. No surprise MSB faded into oblivion.

yeh...the solo viola just being a rehashed version from LASS is ringing some alarm bells.

But i'm open to it being impressive. Genesis is very good so fingers crossed.

Raphioli

60 GB Expanded Legato Library. I wonder what this adds to the MSS core library ?
They have a comprehensive chart on their website which shows what's included in the expansion.
The red dots are what the expansion includes.
Modern-Scoring-Strings-MSS-Articulations-List-5-899.png

OP
ag75

ag75

If the separate Legato Sordino library is any indication, then yeah. I'm guessing under $800 for normal full, 300 for the extended legatos. Loyalty discounts for LASS users spanning 11 years of purchasing (from 1200 down to current 400 BF deal) is going to be controversial. Do you give them MSS for 200? 250? Honestly it suggests the price tag will be higher than 800... it just depends who they want to piss ex
You can't survive from reputation alone, there are way many better options at lower prices now. LASS showed its age after a while. Apart from a few die-hard fans, most users moved on. I stopped using LASS a long time ago when I got Berlin Strings. CSS was the final nail in the coffin. Afflatus is very tempting.

From what I can gather, MSS is built up from LASS samples. Thanks but I'm not impressed, no matter how modern, glorious, velvety smooth, powerful and hair-raising Audiobro claims to be. MSB was the same deal and we know how that turned out.
it might not be for you then. LASS and CSS are apples and oranges In my opinion. I own and use them both but in very different situations. You could never get CSS to sound like LASS but you can get LASS to sound very close to CSS. Again this is just an opinion.

Casiquire

You can't survive from reputation alone, there are way many better options at lower prices now. LASS showed its age after a while. Apart from a few die-hard fans, most users moved on. I stopped using LASS a long time ago when I got Berlin Strings. CSS was the final nail in the coffin. Afflatus is very tempting.

From what I can gather, MSS is built up from LASS samples. Thanks but I'm not impressed, no matter how modern, glorious, velvety smooth, powerful and hair-raising Audiobro claims to be. MSB was the same deal and we know how that turned out.
MSS seems to be entirely newly recorded, with the exception of the solo viola

muziksculp

Idk, I didn't make it 😆 but knowing the importance of accepting and editing I'm holding out judgment until I hear it. The solo strings had a good sound overall, just a very timid performance.

Lol.. I know. :laugh:

It's puzzling to me why he would decide to not record a new Solo Viola, maybe he didn't want to deal with a Violist, and thought the old one would do the job ? what other reason can it be ? :)

Eptesicus

That's still not clear to me after re-reading this thread from 2018 https://vi-control.net/community/threads/lass-3-will-there-be-all-new-samples.74558/

Things could have changed as pointed by @Batrawi. If it's in fact newly recorded samples, Audiobro has my attention again. I expect more than TWO bad demos this time XD

To be fair to MSB, i thought the demos sounded amazing....but there were only two of them and they were both quite similar in style....and then everything else i heard from actual users was disappointing.

Paul Jelfs

Guy Rowland , who is an active user on here, did a great walkthrough of MSB, and explained how to use the functions properly.

It seems to be one of those libraries that can deliver incredible results, but you have to put a lot of work in to VARIOUS CCs to get it sounding that good .

Wunderhorn

It seems to be one of those libraries that can deliver incredible results, but you have to put a lot of work in to VARIOUS CCs to get it sounding that good .

That's the thing. On such an all new library I would not want only good sound and the articulations I'd wish for but also ease of use and anything that would help speed up the workflow. Having to fiddle a lot with CCs etc. is exactly what we'd like to avoid as much as possible by being well balanced and usable right out of the box.

Top Bottom