What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

pawelmorytko

Let me predict, Once it's released, Someone will be posting this :

"Oh.. the legatos are bumpy here. I can't use this library."

Given this has been a pretty popular type of complaint on VI-C for almost every new Strings library released after CSS.
Thing is though, doesn't matter how many articulations, mic positions, of GigaBytes of content a string library has. If you don't think it has a nice tone, or don't think it's usable because of its legato then you wouldn't buy it would you? Personally I don't think I was ever impressed by LASS, or MSB, and I doubt MSS is going to wow me either.

khollister

If I understand the chart correctly, I get no additional discount for owning both LASS Full and LASS LS? I must say $550 seems a bit steep as an upgrade unless you are comparing traditional VSL library pricing. I question the marketing decision to ask this much immediately after the holiday season when everyone has likely blown their budget on sales. The fact they weren't willing to even disclose the upgrade pricing last month when it might have secured their "place in line" in folks library budgeting during the sales is a bit of a warning sign itself.

william81723

If I understand the chart correctly, I get no additional discount for owning both LASS Full and LASS LS? I must say $550 seems a bit steep as an upgrade unless you are comparing traditional VSL library pricing. I question the marketing decision to ask this much immediately after the holiday season when everyone has likely blown their budget on sales. The fact they weren't willing to even disclose the upgrade pricing last month when it might have secured their "place in line" in folks library budgeting during the sales is a bit of a warning sign itself.
So I cry.

Pablocrespo

Yeah, I believe loyalty discounts should not expire, not complaining but I have bought almost everything from a developer which has this policy.

I think is both the best way to treat your customers and also a great marketing tool.

Eptesicus

Let me predict, Once it's released, Someone will be posting this :

"Oh.. the legatos are bumpy here. I can't use this library."

Given this has been a pretty popular type of complaint on VI-C for almost every new Strings library released after CSS.
Well, maybe sample developers should spend more time on producing good and convincing legato then :P.

A library can have the nicest room and all the articulations possible, but if it sounds **** playing an expressive melodic line, its going to be useless for most.

Batrawi

I must say $550 seems a bit steep as an upgrade
It's not really an upgrade. They're releasing a completely new library (with 2 years in production) and kindly offering a special/loyalty price for those who bought from them before. They could have just neglected this gesture altogether in the first place and I doubt nobody would have noticed or complained... so why is that an issue now?

Paul Jelfs

Neat that owners of other products get a discount, too.
Where do you see this ? I can only see the chart at the top that mentions LASS owners.

Do you get further discount for owning more Audiobro libraries? If so can some one point me to it !

stargazer

Is it still not possible to register an account at Audiobro if you bought from somewhere else?
I bought Genesis from Native Instruments, and at that point I wasn’t allowed to start an Audiobro account.
If it’s still that way, there’s no loyalty discount available if you never used the Audiobro store...
Too bad if they are going to loose some customers due to that.

We are excited to announce the initial promotion pricing of Modern Scoring Strings (MSS) and MSS Expanded Legato as well as the LASS Full Loyalty program. When MSS is available for sale, the prices in the chart below will be for a limited time. You will be able to log into your account and see your updated prices in the store. New customers will not have an account yet (you need an Audiobro purchase to do this):

Beans

Inactive
Where do you see this ? I can only see the chart at the top that mentions LASS owners.

Do you get further discount for owning more Audiobro libraries? If so can some one point me to it !
1609854777142.png

"I'm an Audiobro Store customer but don't own LA Scoring Strings Full."

I take that as, for example, I get a discount because I purchased Genesis directly from the Audiobro store.

ansthenia

Yeah, I believe loyalty discounts should not expire, not complaining but I have bought almost everything from a developer which has this policy.

I think is both the best way to treat your customers and also a great marketing tool.
I don't believe this is what's going to happen. The prices that it is currently showing, and state will only last approx 1 month, are the loyalty discounts combined with the intro price. After 1 month, the price will go up due to the intro price ending, but there will still be a LASS loyalty discount in effect.

Paul Jelfs

View attachment 42481

"I'm an Audiobro Store customer but don't own LA Scoring Strings Full."

I take that as, for example, I get a discount because I purchased Genesis directly from the Audiobro store.
Ahhh i Took that as meaning, you only had Lite version or First chairs ? Could be interpreted either way - though the fact it says FULL , would to me more likely you need to own at least Some LA scoring strings related product?

....just noticed the Audiobro Store customer, which implies you have another product.

Now we just need to hear demos !

Beans

Inactive
Ahhh i Took that as meaning, you only had Lite version or First chairs ? Could be interpreted either way - though the fact it says FULL , would to me more likely you need to own at least Some LA scoring strings related product?

....just noticed the Audiobro Store customer, which implies you have another product.

Now we just need to hear demos !
Yeah, if it was something like, "You purchased non-Full LASS from Audiobro.com," then it really should say that explicitly. For me, I'm hopeful that this is, "You have made non-LASS Full purchases at Audiobro.com, such as Lite, MSB, or Genesis."

mushanga

This is a good point. @dxmachina are you able to confirm if there will be an additional discount for those who own LASS Legato Sordino as well as LASS Full?

Raphioli

Can someone check my math and let me know if I'm missing something?

Total ibrary size(131GB) ÷ 12 sections(10 divisi+2 solos) ÷ 4 mic positions = 2.7GB only per section.. which seems very very small compared to the huge content per section...right?

That makes me wonder...

Did they say anything about how they sampled MSS?
Meaning, if they sampled every whole tone or minor 3rd etc.
I'd really like this to be mentioned on their website. (it should be the norm for all sample libraries imo)

Top Bottom