What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Baronvonheadless

For reverbs I use R4 with a wide vintage hall preset tweaked a bit. Nimbus has something similar.

Will probably try the new kid on the block, Cinematic Rooms, made by Liquid Sonics who also make 7th Heaven this Black Friday.
Hey brother, you mind sharing your tweak/set up for R4? Just picked it up and it’s a daunting one! A lot to choose/mess with. I’m a master of spring reverb with my guitar, this type of reverb is another world for me tho.

Baronvonheadless

Been a little quite here lately, thought I'd share this. Modern Scoring Strings throughout mixed in with Abbey Road One and Junkie XL. Bits of BBC here and there, mainly winds. And Talin's choir in the intro. A lot of instruments running through seventh heaven reverb to blend together, with a slight chamber setting.

Think they blend well together, really loving MSS as my main string library. Can also do very similar things to SCS on the close mic only run thru a chamber reverb...been thinking of getting SCS but I think MSS will suffice to be honest...

samplin

Been a little quite here lately, thought I'd share this. Modern Scoring Strings throughout mixed in with Abbey Road One and Junkie XL. Bits of BBC here and there, mainly winds. And Talin's choir in the intro. A lot of instruments running through seventh heaven reverb to blend together, with a slight chamber setting.

Think they blend well together, really loving MSS as my main string library. Can also do very similar things to SCS on the close mic only run thru a chamber reverb...been thinking of getting SCS but I think MSS will suffice to be honest...

sounds great!, I like the blend with abbey road. I haven't tried blending yet, but will soon. did you use close mics or the MSS mics? Im still playing around with options.

Baronvonheadless

sounds great!, I like the blend with abbey road. I haven't tried blending yet, but will soon. did you use close mics or the MSS mics? Im still playing around with options.
Thank you! For MSS sometimes I’ll use their mix and turn off eq and reverb and do my own. Or depending on how big I want it to sound I’ll do my own blend of the close/stage/surround, leaning heavier on the close mic!

Noeticus

Motion Picture Producer
Sorry that this is off topic... but can someone tell me what instrument is doing the glissando in this old film music from the "Night of Dark Shadows" (1971) film?

The gliss that I am unsure of starts at 12 seconds in on this video...

Is it a clarinet? or ???

The music is called.. "Nightmare in the Past".

Soundbed

Music for TV
Sorry that this is off topic... but can someone tell me what instrument is doing the glissando in this old film music from the "Night of Dark Shadows" (1971) film?

The gliss that I am unsure of starts at 12 seconds in on this video...

Is it a clarinet? or ???

The music is called.. "Nightmare in the Past".
sounds like an alto flute drenched in reverb & delay

Duncan Krummel

Just Passing Through
Thanks, but can an Alto Flute do a gliss like this? I am unsure? Perhaps it's not even a gliss?
For sure an alto flute. The reverb/delay is obscuring it, but I hear distinct pitches there, so it's a flute glissando.

Here's a quick video describing the technique:

If you were ever after a smooth slide, you can bend notes on the flute by adjusting tilt and embouchure, or with a glissando head joint, though those are pretty rare.

Noeticus

Motion Picture Producer
For sure an alto flute. The reverb/delay is obscuring it, but I hear distinct pitches there, so it's a flute glissando.

Here's a quick video describing the technique:

If you were ever after a smooth slide, you can bend notes on the flute by adjusting tilt and embouchure, or with a glissando head joint, though those are pretty rare.
Thank you!!! Yes, I hear now that it is not a smooth gliss, but has some steps in it. :)

What VST VI library is best for this?

turnerofwheels

bag of mostly water
@dxmachina Could we bother you for a quick progress report? Were there unexpected delays with the Expanded Legato update?
I saw them mention "in the next few days" exactly one week ago on the audiobro forums so I assume it's gotta be real soon... I'm looking forward to it

That aside, @Noeticus I do love that classic vintage delay and woodwind sound. I imagine you'd want a fairly dry and present patch for that, maybe something like the alto flute from Orchestral Tools Woodwinds Soloists 1 (I only have their regular WW library, just guessing by the sound).

Per Boysen

Whoa this sounds awesome. I’d love to hear an example.
Here's an example. In the middle of the piece, you can hear the ostinato violins behind the vocals. I made a new patch throwing three violin instruments (I, II, and Solo Violine) into the same Kontakt instance, all set to the same MIDI channel. Ostinatos set to different patterns, so the full patch will create a moving texture and one instrument transposed one octave. I also edited the Switcher note numbers so that complementary ostinatos (and other alterations) get simultaneously recalled by the same Cubase Expression Map (using one map to control them all).

Top Bottom