What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

@dxmachina Out of curiosity, will the 1.1 update focus exclusively on legato, or will it also make other tweaks to the library, such as maybe the tone, default config/effects, presets, etc.?
Legato has been a large focus for sure, but 1.1 is not exclusively about legato. We have a number of other additions/changes/fixes as well. We are considering default state and presets as well.

Legato has been a large focus for sure, but 1.1 is not exclusively about legato. We have a number of other additions/changes/fixes as well. We are considering default state and presets as well.
One quick note, the No Reverb No Effects option often seems to still leave some effects loaded, just disabled, and some convolution still active, but not audible. For the sake of extremely particular people like myself, is there a way to have those just remove absolutely everything? Lots of love, thanks!

Last edited:
I am very excited about the update. Got both MSS-libraries on the first day but didn't have time to explore them much.

@DarthSouls One question: How do you make the pitch and the expression map articulation visible in the notes in the key editor? That's pretty neat! 1614897538679.png

I didn't take time to "perfect" this (and might not leave it up) but I wanted to share this so people could hear more of the library "in context" ...

PS - I know I left the sound a little too bright for the 2nd half of this video, I would automate much much more if I was making a final version.

I didn't take time to "perfect" this (and might not leave it up) but I wanted to share this so people could hear more of the library "in context" ...

PS - I know I left the sound a little too bright for the 2nd half of this video, I would automate much much more if I was making a final version.

Sounds great! A nice demo of where MSS can get to before getting into detailed programming. Thanks for sharing 👍

too "shushy" .. word of the day for me .. awesome video/tutorial

You’re doing such a great job, you should be on a percentage for zhuzing up Mss. Thanks to you we can really start hearing what `MSS sounds like. Love the ott Zhuzy fx too.

Thanks Man! Sounds Epic!

Last edited:

Thanks for showing again how great MSS is, and can be!

Last edited:

Nice job! I've been playing with it for a few days and its great, I love it. I am able to get a good sounding arrangement out of the box. It's a good companion to LASS, and between the 2 I'll be set for a while. You're treatments/fxs work really well too.
I'm going to add mss to some older arrangements soon , and I'll post results when done.

m

Yes, I know about the Legato:)

Love the sound/tone that you are getting out of this. The string section sounds really nice and cohesive and pretty expressive too.

The transitions do still spoil it for me a little bit. It sounds fine with brass and percussion in the mix too to mask it, but the strings when exposed are let down a bit by the transitions in my opinion. Will be really interested to see what the upcoming update does for them.

Quick question, can you get a good close chamber sound just using smaller divisi with Mss ? Something like light L&Scs? Or is buy both ?

Quick question, can you get a good close chamber sound just using smaller divisi with Mss ? Something like light L&Scs? Or is buy both ?
I think you can get a close, "chamber" -like vibe from single divisi MSS sections. Especially with an MSS soloist helping provide detail for the section.

But I'm not sure what "light L&Scs" means. You mean LASS Lite and / or LASS Legato Sordino?

I think you can get a close, "chamber" -like vibe from single divisi MSS sections. Especially with an MSS soloist helping provide detail for the section.

But I'm not sure what "light L&Scs" means. You mean LASS Lite and / or LASS Legato Sordino?
Probably Light & Sound Chamber Strings?

Sorry I meant light and sound chamber strings as opposed to Spitfire chamber strings which is too wet for me .

Top Bottom