What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

ism

Oh, my God it's happening!!!

Apropos of nothing in particular, perhaps this the sort of person who would follow 116 pages of this thread might also enjoy a little e e cummings right now::

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any—lifted from the no
of all nothing—human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

Noeticus

Motion Picture Producer
How about...

“Never, oh! never, nothing will die;​

The stream flows,​

The wind blows,​

The cloud fleets,​

The heart beats,​

Nothing will die.”​

by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

:)

Reactions: ism

Geoff Grace

What does that mean, it's "out"? Still can't buy it. Also now I'm wondering how I'm going to prove that I have full LASS that I bought like 30 years ago when it came out.
I'm trying to wrap my head around LASS appearing in 1991. It would have obliterated the competition, that's for sure. You would have needed a fleet of Akai S1000s—maxed out at 16 MB each—to run it! Even a final generation Synclavier would have been underpowered.

Can you imagine trying to run it on Windows 3 or System 7? How many SCSI drives would you have needed? Even a 1 GB one would have cost a small fortune!

We are so lucky today!

Best,

Geoff

sourcefor

I hope this is out soon , looking for a library I do not have to delay! It gets messed up when trying to layer libraries!

borisb2

I'm trying to wrap my head around LASS appearing in 1991. It would have obliterated the competition, that's for sure. You would have needed a fleet of Akai S1000s—maxed out at 16 MB each—to run it! Even a final generation Synclavier would have been underpowered.

Can you imagine trying to run it on Windows 3 or System 7? How many SCSI drives would you have needed? Even a 1 GB one would have cost a small fortune!

We are so lucky today!

Best,

Geoff
Woa woa.. slow down young padawan. You’re throwing around a lot of tech terms that many here have never heard (I assume 😋).. SCSI??

And who needed an S1000 anyway if you could live with 2 S950

molemac

We are so lucky today!

Best,

Geoff
Scsi drives ? You lucky bastard, we had to lick road clean wit tongue

turnerofwheels

bag of mostly water

We are so lucky today!

Best,

Geoff
A massive server farm of 486s each with just enough ram to handle a few notes per computer as disks are too slow for disk streaming.. so a central server takes incoming midi requests and sends out say one octave of one articulation to a computer, and so forth... with network technology that probably didn't exist in Windows 3, however.

Sorry, no legato.

BasariStudios

Basari Studios
A massive server farm of 486s each with just enough ram to handle a few notes per computer as disks are too slow for disk streaming.. so a central server takes incoming midi requests and sends out say one octave of one articulation to a computer, and so forth... with network technology that probably didn't exist in Windows 3, however.

Sorry, no legato.
So basically...if you played a Note in 1991 on the Keyboard you would hear it in 2003?

feck

Good job on the servers, guys...download speeds are FAST. Psyched to have some fun with these.

Aaaand...Intuition Series? Awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom