What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

With all due respect to Audiobro, if MSB is anywhere close to the Afflatus price, count me out.

"Pleasantly surprised," with regards to what this library seems to be, would for me certainly not be over $1000, probably even a few hundred shy of that. Anything higher would be pretty much exactly what I'd expect a developer to charge (prohibitively, for myself and I'm sure many others) for something this in-depth.

Given the steep decrease in prices of some very big products which are still widely bought and used in the years following their release, including some of Audiobro's, can developers realistically use such high pricetags at the outset anymore? Sure, some professionals and hobbyists with too much money on their hands may grab it no matter what, but I feel like the majority of potential buyers would just wait... but what do I know about marketing?

Yes. Piccolo trumpets are different than Eb trumpets. They’re usually pitched in Bb/A (with slides to pitch the instrument in each key), and often used in baroque music, but not unheard of in orchestral/cinematic literature.

Ok, that's what I thought, thanks for the info! I believe its a piccolo trumpet in Penny Lane correct? (I can't think of any classical examples off the top of my head, haha)

Can you expand on that? And what do you currently have in your arsenal?
Just about all major brass libraries were A/B'ed for me.
It wasn't even close when it came to picking up the best sounding longs, which at the time was the only thing i heard...

It's not for me to further comment, but i will put this here again:
"While the price is still to be determined, we believe you will be pleasantly surprised by comparison to the other offerings on the market, especially considering the depth and scope of Modern Scoring Brass!"

Oh, there are? Because save for two 2-horn patches, I didn't see any listed.
I think it’s an a la carte build your own ensemble thing (with divisi). Either completely free form or there are some ready-mades in there too (was an earlier post in thread that referenced this).

I don't mind that it isn't recorded in sections. They have proven themselves capable of recording separate players consistently enough that they blend together beautifully like a full live section.

One thing I find interesting, it's called Modern Scoring Brass, not LA Scoring Brass. Does that indicate that it is not recorded in the same room as LASS?

Right - that's what i thought. Build your own ensemble with divisi can be cool, but it's not recorded sections, it appears.
Per the website, “All players were recorded one-at-a-time except for Horns 5 & 6 and 7 & 8 who were recorded two-at-a-time for added variety and flexibility.”

Stimulating news ! …. but, trying to learn to 'live in /enjoy the moment' !
Where is the Audiobro BlkFri blowout promo announcement ??
Time to celebrate your accomplishments, Andrew /Sebastian :thumbsup:
Luv LADD and ready for LASS Full 2.5 and Genesis ….. :barefoot:

Last edited:
I don't mind that it isn't recorded in sections. They have proven themselves capable of recording separate players consistently enough that they blend together beautifully like a full live section.

My only concern is that it would be a RAM/CPU/storage hog. I'd hope there are mixed down section patches like LASS has (paving the way for MSB Lite of course :))

actually. i'm curious. with the name modern brass, does it mean it's more of modern epic brass like sound like Hans Zimmer's. Meaning we need "classical brass" which is more suitable for traditional orchestral writing ?

actually. i'm curious. with the name modern brass, does it mean it's more of modern epic brass like sound like Hans Zimmer's. Meaning we need "classical brass" which is more suitable for traditional orchestral writing ?
According to their description they recorded everything from ppp to fff (!!), so that combined with it being divisi instruments should make it viable for everything from classical to Hans Zimmer.

Top Bottom