What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

I cant believe their website is still not allowing access for anyone in Russia, and its been like that from the get go (so I had to buy Lass through my israeli friend back in 2010)

how paranoid you(Andrew Keresztes) should be to do something this stupid in this day and age? I cant even view the website
it reminds me of 8dio who wouldn't sell anything to Russia and China, until you bug the life out of their support

What a bunch of nonsense

Last edited:
Having Bb and C trumpets to mix and blend would be a huge boon for me. Although it'd be nice if there was an Eb trumpet to get THE sound (like Cinesamples '90s Trumpets').
The two Piccolo trumpets are undoubtedly E-flat trumpets.

And Wow, 28 solo Instruments!

Hmmmm …. was so impressed with LASS quality @ 16.4GB ! Now Scoring Brass @ 110GB :eek:

OK _ plenty of time _ back to BlkFri reality :rofl:
Yea, and you are quoting the compressed sizes. Uncompressed it is 220GB I believe.... yikes! Really looking forward to this one.

I was fortunate to hear the recordings for Audiobro's MSB over the summer, and i can tell you that the captured tone is exquisite.
It blows away everything i own.

Intriguing... are you referring to the actual recordings or some sort of beta instrument?

I hope it's easy and playable enough, I love the raw sound of LASS but had nightmares working with it.

So, save for two 2-horn patches, there are no sections??? :shocked:
tenor.gif

OMG, that looks like a winner. And even if there is a lot of recorded articulations, it seems that the scripting is doing the heavy lifting here. There's auto divisi with polyphonic true legato, automatic short articulation switcher, even crescendos and trills are tempo synced. This really looks like a next generation brass library. I want to hear how this sounds!

-Hannes

OMG, that looks like a winner. And even if there is a lot of recorded articulations, it seems that the scripting is doing the heavy lifting here. There's auto divisi with polyphonic true legato, automatic short articulation switcher, even crescendos and trills are tempo synced. This really looks like a next generation brass library. I want to hear how this sounds!

-Hannes

+1 is the developer active on here?

Any brass library that can handle most Mahler, and still have virtual players to spare, is not to be ignored!

Looks like my days of being contently focused on a small handful of developers are coming to an end. It was only a matter of time before Alex Wallbank worked his way into my brain, but I didn't expect this one. Now I'm probably going to have LASS GAS all over again.

The two Piccolo trumpets are undoubtedly E-flat trumpets.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't there a difference between a piccolo trumpet and an Eb Trumpet, regardless of technical register? I was under the impression that the two are very different in construction

Pinging @NoamL for his quality analysis. :)

There's not much to analyze yet is there :P except my sense of shock...

The lineup is awe inspiring. They have gone so far above and beyond. Four individually recorded cimbassos, who ever asked for that? This is clearly aiming to be the "last brass library you ever buy." Putting all of this under the control of an auto divisi engine with polyphonic legato is going to be, not just a game changer, but a necessity for any realistic productivity. That's the main workflow bottleneck with Berlin Brass and there's "only" 11 individually recorded instruments there. The auto divisi also implies the necessity of consistent sampling & programming across all the instruments (which BB sometimes lacks). In any case, it's one more entry in the "individually recorded musicians" genre. I thought nobody else was going to try to play in the same ballpark as Berlin for years, and here AudioBro is trying to outdo them.

The price is going to be high. I would guess 1600-2400. If anyone guesses less than 1200, prepare for an Afflatus-style reality check. I don't really see this is a competitor to CSB for that reason. CSB is 400 for new entrants and 280 for those of us who own CSS.

In the end it comes down to the sound. If they captured great sounds, this will be worth it for industry professionals. That's who this product is for. Just thinking about the RAM impact of loading all 8 horns and 6 trumpets makes me shiver.

There's not much to analyze yet is there :P except my sense of shock...

It is clearly a shot across the bow of CSB's recent announcement. They're telling all of us "hold on to your money until you see what WE can do!"

The lineup is awe inspiring. They have gone so far above and beyond. Four individually recorded cimbassos, who ever asked for that? This is clearly aiming to be the "last brass library you ever buy." Putting all of this under the control of an auto divisi engine with polyphonic legato is going to be, not just a game changer, but a necessity for any realistic productivity. That's the main workflow bottleneck with Berlin Brass and there's "only" 11 individually recorded instruments there. The auto divisi also implies a consistency of sampling & programming across all the instruments (which BB sometimes lacks).

The price is going to be high. Like I would guess 1600-2400. If anyone guesses less than 1200 prepare for an Afflatus-style reality check. I don't really see this is a competitor to CSB for that reason. CSB is 400 for new entrants and 280 for those of us who own CSS.

In the end it comes down to the sound. If they captured great sounds, this will be worth it for industry professionals.

Although, this is from the website

"While the price is still to be determined, we believe you will be pleasantly surprised by comparison to the other offerings on the market, especially considering the depth and scope of Modern Scoring Brass!"

I cant believe his website is still not allowing access for anyone in Russia, and its been like that from the get go (so I had to buy Lass through my israeli friend back in 2010)

how paranoid you should be to do something this stupid in this day and age? I cant even view the website
it reminds me of 8dio who wouldn't sell anything to Russia and China, until you bug the life out of their support

What a bunch of nonsense

So much for music breaking down barriers. Do you know if Andrew is personally aware of this?

Top Bottom