Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by zolhof, Nov 20, 2018.

1. jneebz

jneebz Senior Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Portland OR, USA
    This was my take on this library, and honestly, it really doesn’t have powerful upper dynamics. There are a couple low patches that bite, but IMO it falls way more on the “useful for sound design” side. Actually my one Heavyocity Library that I regret buying.

2. TeamLeader

TeamLeader Active Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Hey there Fossil. Thanks to you and to all others for your good input. Appreciated. We do indeed write arrangements as per real brass sections. So that is sort of a non issue. Just need something that can do fast bold symphonic stuff. (not meaning epic though - I guess I shouldn't have used the confusing term over the top. We don't do heavy trailers or Hans type stuff - which i enjoy, just not our sphere) I suppose am talking about, and more concerned about, the phrase shaping.

3. purple

purple New Member

May 4, 2019
    I don't think this library can even handle the nuances of pretty standard symphonic repertoire either. It's not good for epic, but it also isn't delicate or nuanced enough to actually capture the sort of energy that is expected out of the typical orchestral brass section.

4. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    In order for the bad reviews to be correct, the good reviews would have to be “incorrect” which would come as news to those who really like the library. There is no correct or incorrect

Casiquire and Living Fossil like this.
  5. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    Are you talking about MSB or Forzo at this point?

6. purple

purple New Member

May 4, 2019
    MSB

7. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    Wow you really seem to hate it. From what i have heard in this thread and from the two demos, it would appear to be able to everything other libraries can do and sound convincing whilst doing it.

biomuse and Casiquire like this.
  8. purple

purple New Member

May 4, 2019
    I don't really agree but I guess it's all subjective. I wouldn't be as bothered if its retail price isn't going to be the same as berlin brass. I mean if I started by library collection all over I'd get a lot more mileage out of buying hollywood brass, CSB, and something else like one of the BB expansions or something considering just how expensive the library is!