Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by zolhof, Nov 20, 2018.

1. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Senior Member

Aug 7, 2018
    dammit..this'll just have to be a time where i encourage the library hoarder in me...because I can justify saying that somewhere, in some project there is a fit for this library, even if its not my fave....but i'll be really regretting not getting it $200 off if later someone shows exactly how great it should be, but the intro price ends.

2. ZeeCount

ZeeCount Member

May 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    Fullmix download just finished, and after playing around for a bit, the attack control has a large effect on how much bite there is to the patches, but also how much low end they have. Leaving it on smooth gives a very nice choral type of sound.

3. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    To those who have MSB installed - may we have some naked demos please? :)

4. PhilipJohnston

PhilipJohnston New Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Curious about RAM usage - can someone confirm the RAM hit for a fully loaded MSB template? Hoping it's friendlier than OT Brass :)

5. No naked demo here but a few short ensemble lines that i wrote as a test.
    Tail ends of examples are faded out...
    Please keep in mind that this file is an mp3, so not the best quality possible by far...

Attached Files:

6. Noeticus

Noeticus Motion Picture Producer

Apr 21, 2019
    Awesome, Patrick! THANKS!

Patrick de Caumette likes this.
  7. brenneisen

brenneisen Active Member

Feb 23, 2017
    so undress them for us, pls

erica-grace likes this.
  8. ZeeCount

ZeeCount Member

May 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    Here's a quick go at the Ulricht from Mahler 2, one patch for horns, one patch for trumpets.

EDIT: this is the full mix in it's default state (internal eq and reverb). No external processing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  9. If you want me to undress them, it will cost you! :grin:
    Seriously though, i am a bit busy at the moment, but i feel you can hear some of the lines pretty clearly, + i am sure a number of buyers will post examples very soon

jonnybutter and brenneisen like this.
  10. ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    I'm a simple man, I see Mahler's 2nd, I click.

Casiquire, Van and ZeeCount like this.
  11. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    it eventually settled to about 10 hours once it realized the true speed of the internet. Can't wait to dig in tomorrow morning.

chocobitz825 likes this.
  12. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    What did your mic mix look like here? Reverb? Any EQ?

13. ZeeCount

ZeeCount Member

May 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    This is using the Full Mix (rest of the library only just finished downloading) in its default state (which means internal eq rolling off some low end and ir set to adagio preset). No external EQ or reverb.

kevthurman likes this.
  14. ProfoundSilence

Dec 10, 2018
    interesting that they roll off low end by default... sounds promising.

I think the mixed might be too wet for me, but I supposed maybe they over-corrected the complaint that lass was bone dry

kevthurman likes this.
  15. ZeeCount

ZeeCount Member

May 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    I could re-render it with all internal processing off if you want to hear the samples in their cleanest form.

kevthurman and brenneisen like this.
  16. ProfoundSilence

Dec 10, 2018
    it's quite alright - I'm just interested in the mic's.

But I mean wetness like distance/ambience. Their mixed seems like it's trying to be orchestral hall out of the box. Which is okay - but I cant help but feel they made the mixed position much farther back than most would have picked, possibly as a response to criticism from LASS

your Mahler excerpt sounds like Mahler, which is not a film orchestra - which I must admit I was thinking when I heard the original demos.

wonder how it would handle the passage around that's what I thought off when hearing the demos. around 11:11 of that recording would be a great one too.

honestly that's what this libraries mixed position makes me think of... Mahler

17. ProfoundSilence

Dec 10, 2018

two more *ahem* suggestions if anyone is bold enough to mock those sections up

XD it's a tall order - but atleast this hasn't turned into "lets mockup john Williams"

edit 3 examples. edit 4. Sorry for spam. I figured this would be a good opportunity for those who could pony up to get this - if you need inspiration on what to mock up, These are all excellent sections :).

jbuhler likes this.
  18. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    I'm downloading it as we speak. Gonna try out some mahler tomorrow morning anyways. Thanks for posting so early though.

ProfoundSilence likes this.
  19. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    On my list of things to test and add to my video review are a couple mahler excerpts. Some solos (mahler 3 trombone and mahler 5 trumpet) as well as the big chorale in the last movement of symphony 2 and one of the big low brass melodies in the first of symphony 3.

20. ZeeCount

ZeeCount Member

May 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    Here's the same passage with the mics soloed and all internal processing turned off (so you are just hearing the samples in their purest form).

Attached Files: