What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

kavinsky

misty orchard in the middle of Czechoslovakia
So much for music breaking down barriers. Do you know if Andrew is personally aware of this?
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it was his sole decision.
He probably thinks that everyone in Russia is by default a thief wanting to pirate his precious products
So restricting access to the website is supposedly intended to solve this somehow

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
Four individually recorded cimbassos, who ever asked for that?
Me! Well, I didn’t actually; but I am now :geek:

And you may be right about pricing. I guess we’ll see soon enough. I thought Genesis was well priced so maybe things are moving on that front.

HelixK

The price is going to be high. I would guess 1600-2400. If anyone guesses less than 1200, prepare for an Afflatus-style reality check. I don't really see this is a competitor to CSB for that reason. CSB is 400 for new entrants and 280 for those of us who own CSS.
Please don't. There's always a party pooper :P

Although, this is from the website

"While the price is still to be determined, we believe you will be pleasantly surprised by comparison to the other offerings on the market, especially considering the depth and scope of Modern Scoring Brass!"
:thumbsup:

NoamL

Winter <3
This behemoth is so big that you could fit LASS2.5, LADD, and Genesis into the same space on disk and still have almost enough room for a second copy of each of those libraries. A party pooper I may be! But I was close on Afflatus's price...

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I fall in an obscure contingent ….. needing badly the benefits of 'Full' Orchestral libraries to offset skill deficiencies. Would have yet gone with LASS Full 2.5, but no hint of BlkFri help. :mad:
Even in early 2019, would yet be missing WW. Have LADD and wanted so badly to stay with Audiobro for (LASS) Strings.

Hoping for serious help soon from OT, CSS, SFA ……. :whistling:

Last edited:

HelixK

I see this library as a direct answer to VSL's Dimension Brass. The price will probably be in that range. Not surprised of this month's offer by VSL.
This behemoth is so big that you could fit LASS2.5, LADD, and Genesis into the same space on disk and still have almost enough room for a second copy of each of those libraries. A party pooper I may be! But I was close on Afflatus's price...
While I understand where you are coming from, they specifically said we will be pleasantly surprised by comparison to the other offerings on the market. Who even buys VSL in 2019? :whistling:

Developers need to adapt and I am sure they are going to consider Cinematic Series, Spitfire, 8Dio, the @AlexanderSchiborr library, i.e. their main competition at this point, like it or not. If their thing is to sell for a very limited high profile group and ignore any real profits whatsoever, I say it's case of shooting oneself in the foot.

With all due respect to Audiobro, if MSB is anywhere close to the Afflatus price, count me out.

The two Piccolo trumpets are undoubtedly E-flat trumpets.
Forgive my ignorance but isn't there a difference between a piccolo trumpet and an Eb Trumpet, regardless of technical register? I was under the impression that the two are very different in construction
Yes. Piccolo trumpets are different than Eb trumpets. They’re usually pitched in Bb/A (with slides to pitch the instrument in each key), and often used in baroque music, but not unheard of in orchestral/cinematic literature.

Source: am trumpet player

NoamL

Winter <3
With all due respect to Audiobro, if MSB is anywhere close to the Afflatus price, count me out.
Well at the same price as Afflatus, $900 (post intro sale), this would be the sample library deal of the century. So long as it sounds good of course :) That's the same price as Berlin Brass with 2.5x as many instruments individually sampled plus the technological advantages of autodivisi and polyphonic legato.

Last edited:

Dave Connor

Fantastic instrument lineup. Not like you will miss having a third trombone or wish you could create a euphonium section. Same with everything else really so the concept is brilliant.

Where was it recorded? Didn’t see that.

Top Bottom