What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

Audiobro's MSB webpage says : Coming Soon. Estimated April 19th, so Yes, they might be releasing it today, but there is also the possibility it won't be out today.

MSB has quite a large memory footprint

Library Size:

• About 160GB with loss-less compressed audio files (approximately 260GB uncompressed). 300GB required during installation.

I only had a few minutes to listen before I have to get back to work but the trumpets sound stellar to me. Everything has a pretty old school scoring stage sound ironically. Very much not the AIR sound.

If the dynamics are really there, and the divisi really works, it's gonna be hard to say no to this. But oh my gosh the VEPro RAM hit this is gonna cause...

Your favorite is?

Great pricing for the amount of content btw...

no doubt its a great new addition. Its a little too clean and pretty at points where I'd like a brass library to have more growl and edge. Century brass, CSB, Spitfire, Berlin all have a bit more versatile sound that I prefer, but again, this engine beats them and as you said the amount of content at the price is very competitive.

I'm looking forward to watch more videos showing MSB in more detail.

Maybe they will be posting additional videos, and demos during the next few days before the official release on Tuesday April 23rd.

So far I like the new features, and the transparent behind the scenes divisi system, no more confusing, and complex setup for divisi is needed. :thumbsup:
(Also looking forward to see this type of divisi implemented in LASS 3) .

The new Variable Attack Control (VAC) surely makes the Sustains sound so much more alive, and real. Huge difference compared to a normal sustain patch.

I think the demos sound very nice. But I would like to hear more demos to better evaluate the library.

From what they have it seems pretty good at loud and fast. I want to see some more intimate chorale-style writing, which is where I had assumed a library with individual parts sampled would really shine. The trumpets have a really nice shimmer on the top of chords, the tubas are very warm and full, the horns seem to be powerful but not too buzzy. I felt the trombones were weak but only because they didn't seem to get much attention either in the mix or during the walkthrough. For $599 though it seems worth it. Seems to be similar to OT berlin brass in a lot of ways but more flexible.

Top Bottom