Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by zolhof, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Pixelpoet1985

Pixelpoet1985 Active Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Germany
    There is some information on the official forum:

The patches all had gone to NI for encoding, came back and are now being tested. Audiobro isn't expecting major issues and is working on presets etc. now. They are hoping for an end-of-march release.

And Andrew said that there will be some more features (”niceties“) that haven't been mentioned yet, e.g. aleatoric patches, similar to LASS.

Fingers crossed! I'm definitely looking forward to this, hoping that the price won't be that high. :whistling:

SoNowWhat?, Casiquire, Jaap and 8 others like this.
  2. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Hopeful as well, but uncertain /hopeful in terms of MSB challenges and small (talented) Audiobro resources.
    Happy LADD user. Have held off eons for top-tier Strings in favor of notable LASS Update. :cautious:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Casiquire likes this.
  3. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    I really thought I was done. For a few years, at least. I really thought so.

If this is priced accessibly, *and* if LASS 3 is actually imminent....

X-Bassist and goalie composer like this.
  4. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I doubt LASS 3 would be immenent. Just given the time since Genesis, I don't see them pumping libraries out quickly....

sostenuto likes this.
  5. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Maybe Audiobro will have a product page for LASS 3 a while ahead of its release, just like they have made a web page for MSB. This will be cool, and give us more info. regarding what LASS 3 will offer before it is officially released.

So.. just guessing, LASS 3 could be out by end of Q2 or during Q3 of 2019. The sooner, the better. :)

Casiquire likes this.
  6. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    hopefully this is the last modern scoring bump :)

7. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    You know I'd actually like that. Of course I'd like it to just drop already but it should be expected that after a major release a second major release might not be quick

8. Guy Rowland

Guy Rowland Senior Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Agreed. I love Audiobro, but part of the deal is that they take their time. Two huge releases in a few months doesn't fit the profile. The good news is that they tend to have excellent QC, so the wait should be worth it.

I see on the their forum that they said that demos and videos of MSB will come before release which is still slated for the end of the month, so hopefully we'll get our first taste of the library very soon.

artmanjam and Casiquire like this.
  9. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Curious, as someone who has not purchased an Audiobro library before - Do they often have a launch/preorder discount like OT usually do?

Casiquire likes this.
  10. Jack Weaver

Jack Weaver Senior Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Historically yes, Andrew is no one's dummy.

whiskers, eli0s and kevthurman like this.
  11. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I’ve finally got round to reading this whole thread. Am excited to see what MSB is like. I’ve actually never bought LASS and always thought about it with the good things people have said about it. Kind of intrigued about all of Audiobro’s libraries at this point.

12. sekkosiki

sekkosiki Senior Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Espoo
    Just read in Audiobro Forum that two more weeks until the release. Andrew also posted some initial comments about the library from composers, and they were very positive (especially trumpets)! Very exciting!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    SoNowWhat?, jneebz, markleake and 7 others like this.
  13. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    I'm sitting here working on a cue with the hollywood trumpets and boy did I really need this to remind me of the future. haha!

sekkosiki likes this.
  14. I like music

I like music Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    The date on their website (Coming April 15th). Is that the release date, or is that when we expect to get teasers/demos? Or both at the same time?

whiskers likes this.
  15. lucor

lucor Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Germany
    Pretty sure it's the actual release date. I hope we'll get some demos and walkthroughs before then.

I like music likes this.
  16. I like music

Oct 26, 2015
    I hope so too! Hopefully any minute now ...

MSBump...

Casiquire likes this.
  17. Batrawi

Batrawi Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Who the hell bumped this thread while everyone is impatiently awaiting the release anytime soon!:cautious:

kevthurman and Casiquire like this.
  18. ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
  19. I like music

Oct 26, 2015
    Does anyone know of any good string libraries?

I haven't tried searching to see if such a thread exists already, but all my senses tell me that this is the right thread to ask this question.

Thanks all!

20. kevthurman

kevthurman Active Member

Dec 18, 2018
    [​IMG]

EspenH, Casiquire, SoNowWhat? and 3 others like this.