What's new

Audiobro LASS still around? Is there a Forum, too?

BuzzySmith

Hi!

I've been a LASS 2.5 user for quite a while and have run into an articulation issue that I'd like to share.

Would this be the place? If not, suggestions welcomed!

It looks like audiobro's website is kinda inactive. Their forum also appears to be disabled.

Thanks!

Buzzy

(I'm going to go ahead and attach a PDF of the section I'm trying to get to NOT sound so machine gun like. Bars 21 and 22, especially.)

Attachments

• La Primavera Page 3.pdf
    206.2 KB · Views: 46
Their forum is a support forum for people who own their products. It's active and so are they.

Will listen to your attachment...

Oh, it's a PDF.

Well, it won't sound like a machine gun because of the A.M.G. (Anti-Machine Gun) script!

Check out the documentation.

Their forum is a support forum for people who own their products. It's active and so are they.

Will listen to your attachment...
Thanks, Nick. I legally own LASS and in my notes I have the email address and PW but not a “username”. I requested it, but no response.

If you PM me I'll forward your info to them and say you're trying to get a username/password.

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that you were using a stolen copy! It's just that their forum will look dead if you're not signed up for it.

As to the machine gun, well, they are round-robin samples. Are the attacks quantized heavily? I'd have to hear to know whether I can suggest anything.

If you PM me I'll forward your info to them and say you're trying to get a username/password.

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that you were using a stolen copy! It's just that their forum will look dead if you're not signed up for it.

As to the machine gun, well, they are round-robin samples. Are the attacks quantized heavily? I'd have to hear to know whether I can suggest anything.
Thanks!

Is this sort of what you're after?
Yes!

I'm actually going to use the full 1st and 2nd violins sections as this is a competition track for a young violinist and I want it "fuller" than the solo violins.

But the articulations sound right on.

May I see the MIDI file? I promise that I won't use your work, I just need to see how you did it!

Ok, here you go.
Now, the way I have set things up for myself, the staccatos and spicattos are more controlled by CC#1 than by velocity, so keep that in mind when analyzing it. I've also included a "marked up" pdf of the score with articulations noted, as I'm using Logic X's Articulation Set to change articulations.
One of the customizations I have done is creating a "runs" patch from the legatos, In which I shortened the "Second Note attack" by various amounts across the divisi sections.

Attachments

• Vivaldi MIDI.zip
    467.5 KB · Views: 13
Ok, here you go.
Now, the way I have set things up for myself, the staccatos and spicattos are more controlled by CC#1 than by velocity, so keep that in mind when analyzing it. I've also included a "marked up" pdf of the score with articulations noted, as I'm using Logic X's Articulation Set to change articulations.
One of the customizations I have done is creating a "runs" patch from the legatos, In which I shortened the "Second Note attack" by various amounts across the divisi sections.
Thanks, Rob!
I'll check it out in a few minutes (working on something else right now).

Are you using LASS in the ARC mode or as individual instances in Kontakt? (I'm using LASS as pictured in this screengrab).

LASS-La Primavera.jpg

I may have a few more questions! 🎻

Thanks, again!

Buzzy

Last edited:
I've used the ARC in the past and my current set up is not - using Logic's script engine instead - but I've been thinking of going back to an ARC setup.
Are you using LASS Full, or LASS Lite?
The mp3 I did was using the FC+A from LASS Full.

LASS Full.
I’m not familiar with Logic’s script engine? (DP 9.52 here.)

I loaded the MIDI file in and I’m not yet getting the results that I heard on your MP3.
But...

I didn’t switch from my current Kontakt setup as pictured and...
We had a FaceTime call with our kids, significant others and their kids so I redirected my energy!

When you get a second (no hurry), maybe a screenshot of how you’re setup for this quick demo?

Thanks much, Rob.
I sincerely appreciate it!

Buzzy

LASS Full.
I’m not familiar with Logic’s script engine? (DP 9.52 here.)

I loaded the MIDI file in and I’m not yet getting the results that I heard on your MP3.
But...

I didn’t switch from my current Kontakt setup as pictured and...
We had a FaceTime call with our kids, significant others and their kids so I redirected my energy!

When you get a second (no hurry), maybe a screenshot of how you’re setup for this quick demo?

Thanks much, Rob.
I sincerely appreciate it!

Buzzy
You'll need to load up more than the Legato patches in order to achieve what I did in the demo. I'm also pretty sure a screen shot won't help. It most likely will confuse you since you're not on Logic. You'll have to add your own keyswitching to the MIDI I sent (as marked in the pdf) as Logic is triggering the switching via other information not in the MIDI spec.

I would suggest, since you have LASS full, try FC+A+B instead of Full patches. Then massage those CC#1 and CC#111 and velocities until it's good enough.

It looks like audiobro's website is kinda inactive
Andrew Keresztes posted this yesterday in their forum:

Something big very exciting with hundreds of gigs (uncompressed) NEW sample content that should be announced in a few months. I guess I can say it will also be featuring our Orchestral Engine with a few more features.

That's all I can say for now... and thanks for your patience guys.

Cheers,

Andrew K

Hoping it's a major LASS 3 update!

Top Bottom