Audiobro GENESIS Children's Choir

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Pixelpoet1985, Apr 18, 2018.

1. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

If they did a full choir using this interface, I would LOVE it.

Oh, and Brass would be a fantastic offering.

2. ptram

ptram Senior Member

Nov 30, 2013
    I was not looking for children choirs, and had ignored this new choir. But it is a great hope for something new – a classical-sounding choir, easy to control and make singing.

Judging from the demos and walkaround, the sound of this children choir is what I expect for the German/Austro-Hungarian tradition: perfect pitch, delicate and nuanced timbre. The word builder, with phonems chained in a clever way, seems how a word builder should have been done.

I guess this is the first in a full choir collection to come. The final price of the full choir seems to be going to be an heavy one. Any chance a future bundle will make the individual components cost less? Will there be price reductions for owners of Genesis, when purchasing the full bundle including the adult voices?

(How can the adult voices be named? Adam and Eve? Sky and Earth? Fire and Water?)

Paolo

3. jcrosby

jcrosby Senior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Boston MA
    Yeah, surprised they haven't put out LA Scoring Brass (or something along those lines..)

Also hoping they update LADD with a usable GUI like this... It sounds amazing, but the UI's claustrophobic and a bit confusing...

4. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I already have Liberis, but I kind of have a love/hate relationship with that library for several reasons.

How is the noise floor with Genesis? Any background hiss?

Theodor Andrews likes this.
  5. Theodor Andrews

Theodor Andrews Theodor und die Stille

Apr 24, 2018
    Germany
    No. :) Liberis is really noisy

Mike Fox likes this.
  6. Icecreamvan

Icecreamvan New Member

Sep 15, 2018
  7. mojamusic

mojamusic Active Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Can anyone compare Genesis to VOXOS? I've been drooling over VOXOS for several years, but I love Audio Bro overall approach to sample libraries.

Any thoughts?

8. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

My thoughts are that they do not compare. Genesis is a children's library. It has girls and boys. Voxos does have a boy's choir as part of it, but it is a more extensive library in terms of general use.

I am with you on Genesis. The approach to this library is fantastic, and if they do an "adult" version in the same manner, I am ALL IN. Just really good.

And a footnote...I do not own VOXOS but have been in a few studios and used it a few times over the years.

MChangoM likes this.
  9. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Voxos has a beautiful tone, beautiful sustains that do pp to mf well. Covers men, women, boys, and has decent shorts and fx patches. Even the mics are all really nice. The interface could use an update but it all works well enough.

Genesis only does boys and girls, but does them extremely well. Lots of ways to customize or choose the sound you want. A much better (and larger) GUI than Voxos. Hopefully Cinesamples will do a GUI update someday, and hopefully Audiobro will do an Exodus Choir next (men and women). :)

10. jacobthestupendous

jacobthestupendous not that stupendous

May 27, 2015
    And after that, maybe a Leviticus ethnic choir?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Wally Garten, X-Bassist and mojamusic like this.
  11. jacobthestupendous

jacobthestupendous not that stupendous

May 27, 2015
  12. tokatila

tokatila Senior Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Just bought this. The best purchase of the BF 2018.

13. Was just reading through this thread and wanted to let you know that I empathize... I really didn't want to spend more money either, but I'm a chump too when it comes to this, especially since it's been discounted to $278 this week. :)

quantum7 likes this.
  14. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    If I didn't have already Soundiron Mercury and Virharmonic Czech Boys Choir, I would surely get this.

15. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Have Storm Choir I and was headed for Upgrade.
    Genesis seems to offer so much, even as Childrens' Choir. Have some other content to provide adult content … so far.
    Current price is so reasonable ! ……..

16. As one who has played and owned way too many sample libraries over many years, I can with confidence recommend Genesis. They really did an amazing job. The divisi is something that must be experienced. :)

sostenuto likes this.
  17. I have Mercury and think it's great. The key thing with Genesis is the auto divisi. When you play a 3-4 notes at a time, it automatically divides up the voices properly. It makes writing the music a lot easier and quicker.

18. maestro2be

maestro2be Active Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I gave in and bought this. Don't have time to play it this week but hoping it's a nice upgrade from 8DIO Liberis!

19. HelixK

HelixK Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Anyone knows when the deal ends?

20. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Audiobro sales usually go on and on, but considering Genesis usually goes for $299, then went down to 279 before the sale, it’s not a big difference.

But LADD is a pretty good deal if you don’t have it.

HelixK likes this.