What's new

Audio Rescoring Challenge - Tenet (15/05/21)

Wait a second... how did you manage to get a clip from TENET without music?!

And second, can you get me more clips from TENET without music?:crying:

Wait a second... how did you manage to get a clip from TENET without music?!

And second, can you get me more clips from TENET without music?:crying:
Answer 1. I used the 5.1 to pull the centre dialoge channel, then knocked out some of the residual music, added back in sound effects which were close to the original.

Answer 2. Probably not. I change it up to keep it fresh.

I always thought it would be such a tough task to rescore a film if you are a huge fan of the score.
It would be, but I think that’s exactly why it would make me such a better composer and make the experience so enjoyable. I don’t think it’s a secret to anyone on here that the TENET score is my favorite film score of all time, and to be able to have the same material to work with while having to create something for it that’s even half as good as the original would be a real test for myself, and I’m definitely up for it!!

It would be, but I think that’s exactly why it would make me such a better composer and make the experience so enjoyable. I don’t think it’s a secret to anyone on here that the TENET score is my favorite film score of all time, and to be able to have the same material to work with while having to create something for it that’s even half as good as the original would be a real test for myself, and I’m definitely up for it!!
I am glad I pointed you to this, albeit half-jokingly ❤️

Reactions: KEM

Can one of you synth wizards recreate the main synth patch in this on ZebraHZ for me? I’m looking at you @doctoremmet ;)

There is a video on recreating it in Serum (it didn't quite sound the same). If you don't have Serum you should be able to use Vital instead.

Using hardware synth

Last edited:
There is a video on recreating it in Serum (it didn't quite sound the same). If you don't have Serum you Seoul's be able to use Vital instead.

Using hardware synth

I do have Serum!! And I have watched both videos many times actually, really good knowledge in both, I tried making it in ZebraHZ but I ran out of MSEG points to use so I couldn’t program the full rhythm, Serum might have to be the one I use although I think Zebra personally sounds closer to the real patch in terms of the character of the synth.

Synthesis is definitely one of my weaknesses, which is why I wanted to see if one of the really good synth users on here could make it in Zebra for me, would be nice to deconstruct a patch like that and see what’s going in to help me learn more.

Also what’s Vital all about? I’ve seen some of you guys giving it high praise, is it worth checking out?

Also what’s Vital all about? I’ve seen some of you guys giving it high praise, is it worth checking out?
It's getting a lot of praise...and it has a free version :2thumbs:

It is a pretty decent wavetable synth. If you already have Serum, I don’t think it’ll bring many new things to the table for you. Other maybe than workflow-related things.

Top Bottom