What's new

Audio Modeling 12 Strings Chamber Orchestra

Minor point: you use vibrato on the characteristic vibrato free open G note. That sounds unnatural. I know it looks like the violinist does that in the video too, but that's just a visual gesture...

well not really, string players "fake" the open string vibrato vibrating one octave up on the next, non bowed string, actually getting some sort of vibrato :)
that's what the violinist is doing in the video, imo

Aha, yes now i see what she does! Still think it's mainly a dramatic gesture since this is hardly audible at all. But violinists just really like to use a lot of vibrato :)

The vibrato gesture also shakes the violin a little! The resonance of the vibrated sympathetic string will not be heard at a distance, in my exparience.

The more I see arrangements like this being made, the more I think I may be better off just learning to make string sections using the Audio Modelling instruments. The main drawback is the sheer time it takes to program something decent with a section of course. It'll be interesting to see how quickly I can compose using the full NI String Ensemble instrument whenever it goes on sale again(Hopefully next month). But of course the section size is quite large for my purposes, whereas using the Audio Modeling strings allows for total flexibility in creating sections.

It'd be very cool if the guys at Audio Modeling created some sort of arrangement software specifically for their own instruments to speed up creating realistic sections. In fact, I would say that would be the most useful product they could create at this point.

hello Stright2vinil, you're right, I assure you that the time spent learning to play the Audio Modeling instruments will be repaid with great satisfaction.

Top Bottom