What's new

Audio Industry for Rainforests. 90+ audio devs contributing, over $22000 raised, less than 15 hours left.

Luftrum

Dear friends at VI.

I hope this will be allowed to stay here, due to its good cause.

I have started a fundraising auction with goods donated by established companies in the audio industry. All raised funds will go to WWF Denmark and be earmarked the rainforests in Amazon and Indonesia. Over $7000 $11000 $15000 $19000 $22000 are raised atm and the fundraising will last until last day of October, let's see if we can hit the 30k mark within the end of the month.

You can bid on DAW's, plugins, Eurorack modules, effect bundles, sample libraries etc. and everything starts at $5. Currently companies as Spectrasonics, U-He, Native Instruments, Sequential, Voxengo, Eduardo Tarilonte, Mutable Instruments and many more are donating goodies for you to bid on.

Today alone UVI, Kilohearts and Eventide were added to the list of contributing companies.

The auction is found here:

Last edited:
Thanks for raising funds for a great cause. Count us in!
Thanks for your contributions, I just added them to the list.

If other developers are watching and want to contribute, I can be reached at luftrum @ luftrum dot com, thank you.

Great, count me in ... i've just send you a mail
Thank you. Contribution added plus Melodyne 4 contribution from Celemony too, all starting at $5. Happy bidding!

Note: I got a question regarding whether or not reservations are made on your credit card while bidding. Your credit card will not be charged for bidding alone, only if you win an auction you will be charged.

Today we added ADAM Audio to the list of contributors, donating a pair of A7X Active Studio Monitors in high-gloss white.

These monitors have been specially made for ADAM 20th anniversary and are not available on the market, so they are rather limited. The MSRP for the standard version of A7X is 549€ each and you are bidding on 2 monitors (€1098 total value).

I've bid on a few items (those Adam Monitors look aces but not placed a bid on them yet) but I'm wondering is there an easy way to tell which items my bid is winning? Will I receive an email if I've been outbid? On the page I noted it said "edit bid" for those that I'd bid on but thought I'd refresh the page (still logged in) in case I was missing something (not much seemed to be changing) and now it just says "bid" on all items no "edit bid" anymore. I'm pretty sure the prices are the same on the items I bid on.

Thanks in advance and a great idea again. Very happy to support this Luftrum.

I've been outbidded and I received an email, but if you go to your profile page, you may need to refresh the "my bids' tab by clicking other option and then returning to that tab.

BTW, love the idea @Luftrum , and I've even discovered some devs unknown to me before :) So I'd say it's a win-win-win (rainforests-bidders-devs) scenario. Congratulations!

Last edited:
I've bid on a few items (those Adam Monitors look aces but not placed a bid on them yet) but I'm wondering is there an easy way to tell which items my bid is winning? Will I receive an email if I've been outbid? On the page I noted it said "edit bid" for those that I'd bid on but thought I'd refresh the page (still logged in) in case I was missing something (not much seemed to be changing) and now it just says "bid" on all items no "edit bid" anymore. I'm pretty sure the prices are the same on the items I bid on.

Thanks in advance and a great idea again. Very happy to support this Luftrum.
Yes, you should receive an email when outbid and through the settings I can also set up whether or not the system shall notify those who do not win an auction, this is a global setting and currently I have chosen to set it to Don't notify non-winners but I am not sure if that's the best option.

One of the bidders created a suggest feature regarding a favorite / sticky items, to easily keep track of items you've bid on or favorited. You can give it a vote up here https://community.rallyup.com/t/364dly/fundraising-auctions-bidder-side-favoritestickyhide-bidding-items

Yeah, I have had my eyes on those Adam's too, haven't placed a bid yet, I have the option to delete and edit bids you know? I think I will delete all bids on those monitors 2 minutes before auction end and then bid a 10'er myself. :grin:

I've been outbidded and I received an email, but if you go to your profile page, you may need to refresh the "my bids' tab by clicking other option and then returning to that tab.

BTW, love the idea @Luftrum , and I've even discovered some devs unknown to me before :) So I'd say it's a win-win-win (rainforests-bidders-devs) scenario. Congratulations!
Yes exactly! I see it as pure win-win too... companies do good without it affecting the bottom line too much, and winners grab a bargain knowing their funds will go to a good cause and the lesser known brands are being discovered. And in the end, it will all benefit the rainforests. What's not to like? :)

Okay, there is less than 15 hours left of the charity fundraising auction below, over $22000 are raised at the moment, more than 90 developers in the audio industry are donating goodies on auction for you to bid on. The last contributions have been added and I am closing for more contributions by now:

Bedroomproducersblog BPB would like to offer free advertising on BPB's website for one month (sidebar banner, $99 value) https://bedroomproducersblog.com/

ROLI would love to donate a Seaboard Block as well as Strobe2, Cypher2, BFD3 and a pack of your choice! https://roli.com/

Yussss! I picked up a few things I've had my eye on for a while. Missed a few too but I guess it makes sense to share the love around. And all for a great cause.

Thank you @Luftrum for organising this and letting lazy sods like me ride on your coat-tails by just chipping in some funds. And thank you to all the devs who gave very generously to this campaign.

I've received notification of my winning bids from Rally Up but am wondering what the next step is? Do the devs contact me directly via my account email? Thanks in advance and apologies if I missed reading this in the details.

Top Bottom