What's new

Audio Imperia Photosynthesis I-IV Bundle - $80 - Worth it?

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Just was wondering that myself. Sounds kind of interesting. And can I use a gift card to pay for it?

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Hmm. Just was looking at AudioPlugin Deals. For $99, I can get those 4 plus 3 others. Mostly because I have a whole lot of shop dollars and nothing really to "spend" them on.

Listening to the walkthroughs on YouTube. Sound interesting. And I probably have other libraries that do similar stuff.

sIR dORT

I own volume 1 - massive amounts of useful and quality pads, especially for trailer pieces like you alluded to. Some highlights of non-pad patches would be a booms patch, couple of ambient guitar ones, a cool very-ambient piano one with a slight attack, and some cool rhythmic synths/sounds. I don't know what's in the other volumes as I don't own them, but if they're anything like v1, I would definitely recommend that buy.

OP
jneebz

jneebz

I bought the bundle after watching Jeremiah's YT videos....love the organic tones. And so far from what I hear, $80 well spent.

I don't really talk about these much on here, but I guess this is a good opportunity. I think Vol 2 is the highlight of the series. It's certainly the one I use most often, with the unprocessed cello articulations, and granular patches (which are kind of like an ensemble of ghost cellos). I'm really proud of the pads in the libraries, which are very active and constantly shifting. My focus was more on ambient music than trailer music, so the samples are often 20+ seconds (some over a minute, which was probably overkill), so you can hold a note very long without noticeable looping.

Looking back, the rhythmic/synth stuff is hit or miss. If you're mainly looking for pulses and rhythmic things I'd skip it. It's definitely not a "big impact epic" toolkit. Some of the sounds in Vol 3 are pretty loud, but in more of a post-rock way.

Vol 4 is kind of its own thing. There's a ton of screeching metal sounds that would be good for horror, but my favorite part are the natural pads, which are entirely acoustic bowed metal with reverb and/or delay added. You can make your own by choosing an individual "Looped" sample from the Menu folders, and turning on some effects.

It also comes with a set of Guitar Rig presets. Try loading any unprocessed patch and running it through those.

OP
jneebz

jneebz

I don't really talk about these much on here, but I guess this is a good opportunity. I think Vol 2 is the highlight of the series. It's certainly the one I use most often, with the unprocessed cello articulations, and granular patches (which are kind of like an ensemble of ghost cellos). I'm really proud of the pads in the libraries, which are very active and constantly shifting. My focus was more on ambient music than trailer music, so the samples are often 20+ seconds (some over a minute, which was probably overkill), so you can hold a note very long without noticeable looping.

Looking back, the rhythmic/synth stuff is hit or miss. If you're mainly looking for pulses and rhythmic things I'd skip it. It's definitely not a "big impact epic" toolkit. Some of the sounds in Vol 3 are pretty loud, but in more of a post-rock way.

Vol 4 is kind of its own thing. There's a ton of screeching metal sounds that would be good for horror, but my favorite part are the natural pads, which are entirely acoustic bowed metal with reverb and/or delay added. You can make your own by choosing an individual "Looped" sample from the Menu folders, and turning on some effects.

It also comes with a set of Guitar Rig presets. Try loading any unprocessed patch and running it through those.
Hey thanks so much for chiming in...your candor is much appreciated. Some really, REALLY great tones in these libraries! So thank you for your work!

unclecheeks

Jeremiah's humility is refreshing! I picked up vols 1,2,3 a couple of months ago and have just begun to scratch the surface but so far I've been super impressed. Running some of those sounds through a pitch-bendy, saturated, space-echoish Live rack I cobbled together puts a smile on my face every time. Terrific sounds for ambient stuff... Even at the full price I paid I think these libraries are a steal, $80 for all 4 is definitely a no-brainer in my book!

Jeremiah - any new ones in the works?

Jeremiah - any new ones in the works?
I haven't done any sampling in quite a while. The biggest reasons being that I've been focused on writing music more, and that I moved into a new apartment which is directly next to a noisy road and train tracks. It's rarely quiet enough to record stuff without getting studio time. There's also so many of these sorts of libraries out there now that I don't know if I'd be providing anything new or unique. But, maybe at some point I'll get some time and motivation to jump back into sample libraries. :)

Satorious

Hi @jeremiahpena - congrats on these libraries. I already own the first two volumes which are really fun. Will the discount code work if I wanted to pick up Embers or Realms individually - or is there some way of completing the set without having to pay for the volumes I already own?

ism

I have volume 2 (the cello) and it’s really a lovely little library. I’m not much in to anything electronic or overly ambient, but the even the granular patches are somehow wonderfully organic.

Grizzlymv

I have the first 3 volumes, and I love them all. They are part of my template and use them regularly. They are especially useful to add some colors to a track. Highly recommended.

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Jeremiah, sweet of you to step in. Just love your libraries. Thanks for making me happy.

Top Bottom