What's new

Audio Imperia continues with Low Brass (Talos)

Some more demos exposing the low brass a bit more, especially the shorter articulations would be helpful to better evaluate this library, and surely a detailed walkthrough of its patches.

Love the tone, but the sound is way too big. :emoji_boar:

Yes, It sounds Super-Epic :)

Note that this quite a big ensemble of Low Brass made up of 12 Players (4x Tubas, 4x Cimbassi, 4x Bass Trombones). Not something you hear in a standard orchestral setup.

Last edited:
I know, I noticed that with the first Talos, great tone but using it for a longer period of time in a composition would probably give me a headache due to that overwhelming nature of the sound.

It sounds great. REALLY clean and flexible samples and I love the bends.

Good option for someone who's starting out or looking to keep their orchestra consistent with JAEGER.

Personally, I've already got these sounds covered between Trailer Brass and Albion Iceni. Except those wonderful trailer-sounding brass bends... ;)

First look and quick comparison video with other brass libraries (comparison to Jaeger trombones/tubas, 8dio Century Brass, and Albion One Low brass) This thing is MASSIVE and has a lot of grit. Just from playing around for a short while, guaranteed my new go-to BIG brass sound!

Liking the sound of this a lot and the price is a lot more tempting than the horns library.

Still can’t help thinking that the cheaper trailer brass (which I love the sound of and intend to get at Bf) will cover all of this.

Liking the sound of this a lot and the price is a lot more tempting than the horns library.

Still can’t help thinking that the cheaper trailer brass (which I love the sound of and intend to get at Bf) will cover all of this.
I think the Twelve Horns Brass from Cine Samples is better than the horns in Talos, it's richer and still more detailed, just great sound.
While the Talos Low Brass is probably the best Low Brass library for what is supposed to do.

I think the Twelve Horns Brass from Cine Samples is better than the horns in Talos, it's richer and still more detailed, just great sound.
While the Talos Low Brass is probably the best Low Brass library for what is supposed to do.
of course, opinions vary. I actually prefer Talos 12 horns. I find it more focused on the embouchure/attack. But hey different strokes.

While the low mid heft of Cinebrass is nice, the legato is SUPER lumpy. (And I'm usually pretty realistic about what's achievable in samples).... Overall it's Talos by a long shot for me as I can EQ in some of that weight if I want it, and leave it as is if I want something that cuts through a big mix..

While the low mid heft of Cinebrass is nice, the legato is SUPER lumpy. (And I'm usually pretty realistic about what's achievable in samples).... Overall it's Talos by a long shot for me as I can EQ in some of that weight if I want it, and leave it as is if I want something that cuts through a big mix..
Also I actually liked Talos shorts better than CB TH.
But there's something special in the SOUND of the CB TH sustains and Legato. Though not saying that they programmed the legato better than Talos, just discussing by how they sound, maybe there is something about Dennis Sands mix, or how the MGM Scoring stage makes them sound, I don't know, but for me the sound is magical.

Also I actually liked Talos shorts better than CB TH.
But there's something special in the SOUND of the CB TH sustains and Legato. Though not saying that they programmed the legato better than Talos, just discussing by how they sound, maybe there is something about Dennis Sands mix, or how the MGM Scoring stage makes them sound, I don't know, but for me the sound is magical.
It's definitely a heftier sound than Talos. I do like both overall, I just wish CS would fix their sloppy legatos because I'd use CB's 12 horns a lot more often if that jumpy legato didn't drive me bonkers...

Top Bottom