Audio Damage Quanta Granular Synth _ Free Demo _

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by sostenuto, Jul 4, 2018.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Downloaded Audio Damage Quanta free Demo and it seems very cool at first glance.
    I learned a ton from earlier 'Granular' Threads & Posts, but still not close to wrapping my head around all the various options.

I hope to see some helpful posts as Quanta is Demo'd and purchased. Now at $79. Intro price.

THX!

Sibelius19 and ka00 like this.
  2. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    At this point, I think I’ll pick up any synth or library that supports MPE. Bought Quanta and played with it just enough to be impressed and satisfied with the purchase. Will try to dig in on the weekend.

Anyone else play with it?

Sibelius19 likes this.
  3. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    I have it and here are my thoughts, which I sent to Audio Damage, but I haven't received a response yet.

1. I had missing notes when in MPE mode till I realized that I had to change channels in the Roli Dashboard from 1-16 to 1-11 to match the max voice count. With it at 1-16 there are deadnotes on the board, that I assume is from it trying to send out on channels that aren't there? I didn't see that in the manual, so I thought it would be good to point it out.
    2. It would be nice if the preset system once loaded would have a back/forward arrow, so that you don't have to open the presets back up every time to change them. Load an artist or type preset, tab back to the main page so you can see the sample and settings, and next to the preset name would be a forward/back arrow
    3. The matrix doesn't visually update till I click on something once a preset is changed. Change a preset, open the matrix and it looks like it has the same settings as the last preset until you click somewhere in the page. Not sure if the actual mod is stuck too?
    4. I am hearing some clicking and it doesn't look like I am overloading any cpu. Buffer is set at 512. Not sure if that is just the nature of things with the sample player/zero crossing type thing. It happens in Cubase and Bitwig.
    5. It would be nice to see modulated parameters visually express a change while modulated. Modulate the shape of the oscillator and see it change. See a dot indicating a position on the FEGs. The ring on the grain parameters could show the movement of the modulation, etc.
    I'm thinking the clicking may be related to adsr/fast attack now, but I haven't tested it yet.

ka00 likes this.