1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Ark: Jason Graves Music - Writing for Strings

Discussion in 'SAMPLECASTS, PODCASTS, VIDEOCASTS' started by Jason Graves, Jul 8, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Jason Graves

Jason Graves Active Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Excited that my score to the VR game Moss is now available! To celebrate, I'm hosting a remix competition of the song I wrote for the game. Plus will have a detailed breakdown of it over the next week or so. :) The first of three episodes is already live!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    Olfirf, muk, jononotbono and 3 others like this.
  2. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I'm curious man. Do you ever play video games or are you always too busy working on Video Games? Also, I'm going to invest in VR in the not so distant future as I would love to get involved in that as it's definitely going to be the future and wondering if you have a VR set up to make sure all your music and sound design for VR works well... Or is it any excuse to get closer to Ready Player One? haha

Jason Graves likes this.
  3. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Also, I was wondering if you would ever be up for making a video on Perc Programming? I know you're a drummer and I'm constantly trying to get better at Perc Programming. Mainly Cinematic Percussion programming as opposed to "Rock Kit" drumming that we hear in Film, Games, TV and Trailers etc. Sorry. if I'm being demanding! Your You Tube Channel is amazing. Thank you! :)

Jason Graves and GuitarG like this.
  4. GuitarG

GuitarG Senior Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Another vote for that!

5. OP
    OP
    Jason Graves

Jul 7, 2018
    YES will definitely do an episode on writing/programming percussion. :) And I don't actually own a VR setup. Honestly prefer having movies of the gameplay so I can add them to Cubase and let them play in the background as I work. Plus pre-release games are always buggy! I find it better to focus on the music...unless I'm also doing the implementation. Then I DO play the game. Before and after I put the music in. A LOT. Obviously a project by project decision!

Brueland, GuitarG, fretti and 2 others like this.
  6. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Thanks man! Legend.

“Research” is definitely the excuse I’m telling my partner why I simply must get a VR set up. Haha

Brueland and Jason Graves like this.
  7. jadedsean

jadedsean Senior Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I can't view the video Jason, is their a reason why?

8. OP
    OP
    Jason Graves

Jul 7, 2018
    Apologies - had some sensitive material that needed to be taken down. Will fix soon!

jadedsean likes this.
  9. jadedsean

jadedsean Senior Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Ah no problem, hope to see it soon.

10. OP
    OP
    Jason Graves

Jul 7, 2018
    Back online...thanks for your patience and understanding. :)

New video posted on writing/arranging for strings - both MIDI and live soloists.

11. Brueland

Brueland Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Oslo, Norway