1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auddict - Drums of The Deep 2?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by MarcusD, Sep 4, 2017.

1. MarcusD

MarcusD Senior Member

Jul 25, 2015
    England
    Hey chaps,

do many of you have any experience with DoTD2? If so, whats your thoughts about the product compared to some of the other libs offering similar sounds.

2. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    I actually don't know any similar sounding products. The sound is very natural, warm, rich, and not over-hyped at all. It's big and gentle sound rather than big and agressive and although Auddict claims you can process it to make it agressive, that's not where the strength of the library lies, IMO, it's just not recorded the way something like Damage is. And what's great is the amount of mic positions that really sound different, from close and small with nice full bottom end to distant and big and more airy. If you like the sound of Auddict percs, definitely buy DotD 1. It's probably my fave drums library ever. The sound is just unbelievably nice. :)

Quasar and rottoy like this.
  3. NoamL

NoamL Senior Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bumping this thread in light of the VST Buzz sale - does anyone have experiences to share with Drums Of The Deep 2? Thanks.

musicalweather likes this.
  4. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    Following this one with great interest because of the VST Buzz sale...

5. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

leon chevalier likes this.
  6. Henu

Henu Active Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    Giving you utterly false hopes of someone responding something useful, only to announce that I am also following this one with great interest because of the VST Buzz sale.

7. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I have nothing to offer, since though I have Auddict Master Brass (also bought on one of these sales) I have none of their percussive material.

I am however, following this one with great interest because of the VSTBuzz sale.

8. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Very Percussion/Drum inexperienced ...... but seems like very solid Lib to add, at this cost.
    Currently use NI_K11U (Damage, Battery4, >8 Drum Libs, etc.), and LADD, Addictive Drums2, StylusRMX.
    Hoping DoTD2 truly adds notable enhancement !

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  9. VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Also following with great interest because of the VSTBuzz sale...

oh wait..

[​IMG]

Paul Owen, Iskra, MarcusD and 13 others like this.
  10. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    :rofl:

11. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I have it. Kinda miffed at spending so much on it a few months ago. Convinced me to never buy anything from Auddict again until it hits VSTBuzz.

The library itself is decent. I'd watch the walkthroughs on youtube and see if it's for you.

12. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    I already had several Auddict instruments, incl. Drums of the Deep I, so bought into the DOD II. In general, the instruments are well sampled and sound natural. Compared to e.g. Storm Drum II, they are a bit quiet and take a fair bit of keyboard banging before they get to the higher velocity layers. The microphones give excellent control and I find the Room (ambient) mic to especially make a difference. I very much like the sound.

The only real "complaint" I have is that Auddict has been stingy with the keymappings. Why in the world is the entire "Eight Drum Army" mapped to just two keys? One key for hard mallets and one key for soft mallets. Why not map the extensive round-robins over two octaves and get a total of 4 octaves? The other instruments have similar limitations. Those limited key mappings are imo unnecessary self-inflicted limitations.

Living Fossil and X-Bassist like this.
  13. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Hey! It STILL holds up as one of the worst walkthrough videos ever! ;) I own and like the first Drums of the Deep, though I found it essential to go through all the mic positions and make better presets than the ones provided. Drums of the Deep 2 was sold as the ensemble version, but even back then I was asking them to make a better walkthrough, which never materialized. Perhaps now that it’s on sale there will be a proper review by Sample Library Review or Samplecast (hint, hint). Rueben must have some opinions after doing their video.

And yes, I’m watching VSTbuzz watching this thread because of the sale... oh, nevermind.

14. michelsimons

michelsimons Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    I thought this thread was only for people who are watching this thread because of the VSTbuzz deal?

15. michdb

michdb New Member

Dec 25, 2017
    if you have Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble does this give you any new sound?

Quasar likes this.
  16. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    No, it's even more exclusive than that. This thread is only for those of us who are watching it with great interest because of the VSTBuzz sale.

michelsimons likes this.
  17. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
  18. axb312

axb312 Senior Member

Jun 26, 2016
    So nobody can do a detailed review on this supposedly great library?

19. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
  20. axb312

axb312 Senior Member

Jun 26, 2016