What's new

AU Lab with Midi

BVMusic

I have downloaded Apple AU Lab as a Vst/AU hosting, but cannot figure out how to set each audio unit that I insert there, to have it's own midi channel.
There is no midi menu in this plugin, but perhaps I have to cofigure it in my Mac Midi Setup APP? Any directions appreciated.
Best - Brian

jcrosby

Although I don't use AU Lab, (been curious though over the years...), I'd bet that you need to use the IAC bus to receive MIDI. If you haven't set that before, yes it's in the macos Audio Midi setup.

I believe you'll see one IAC driver already there, you may need to enable it. You double click it and select device is online... You can add more by clicking ports and adding a new one. (Apple have changed the UI in recent OS's so from here you'll need to search YT or google to see how to add more IAC busses in your OS version...)

OP
BVMusic

BVMusic

Although I don't use AU Lab, (been curious though over the years...), I'd bet that you need to use the IAC bus to receive MIDI. If you haven't set that before, yes it's in the macos Audio Midi setup.

I believe you'll see one IAC driver already there, you may need to enable it. You double click it and select device is online... You can add more by clicking ports and adding a new one. (Apple have changed the UI in recent OS's so from here you'll need to search YT or google to see how to add more IAC busses in your OS version...)
just found out today, that you can set each AU instrument that you upload there in AU Lab, and have its own channel. Just open the AU synth from AU Lab channel, and on the far top right window , you will see MIDI editor! Wanted to let you know as well :)

Top Bottom