1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atmopheres-a-go-go now 66% OFF

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by reutunes, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    In my opinion, one of the best sounding and most flexible atmosphere creators on the market AND it runs in Kontakt Player. It's very good for both those slightly tonal pads that seem to be all the rage in minimalist scoring these days and it's also pretty nice for creepy atmospherics.

Sample Logic XOSPHERE now at 66% off - JUST $99.99

GRAB IT HERE (you'll need to use the code XO66OFF to bring the price down)

[​IMG]

2. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Thanks Reuben, great vids.

3. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Cheers @Fleer - For once I didn't actually produce these particular SL videos - but I do think they give a great idea of what you can do with XOSphere

Fleer likes this.
  4. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Just curious, does this add much if one already owns CinemorphX and Omnisphere?

Thanks

5. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    That's a huge endorsement, Reuben. Coming from you, that makes it worth a serious look.

6. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Omnisphere is a million times better. Xosphere seems to only do completely over the top cheese sounds. I could never get it to make anything decent or subtle

sostenuto likes this.
  7. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Seems to be the case with a lot of these type of soundscape generators. Have you tried simply capturing some reverb tails or isolating them and then using those as the basis as an instrument? I've found that reverb tails are one of the best ways to create subtle, non-cheesy soundscapes :)

Wally Garten likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    I don't agree with that really. The XOSphere engine can play 8 sound sources at once. To slim down the sounds just mute some of them. I also tend to use the high and low cut filters to roll off some frequencies. Maybe I'll do a livestream of this one before the deal ends. Would anyone find that useful?

9. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    I don't own Xosphere so I was just speaking in general of my experience with many soundscape generators. It mostly seems to be the presets that are over the top in my experience. Of course one can tame the sounds with EQ and other effects :). Thanks mate!
    Regarding a livestream, sure that would be useful :)

reutunes likes this.
  10. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Would love that too.

reutunes likes this.
  11. Rap-sody

Aug 29, 2017
    When I watched some of your livestreams, it has been useful to get an overview of the library and to help me with my buying decision. So, yes it would be useful this time too.

reutunes likes this.
  12. Decomposer17

Decomposer17 New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Great video! Such good deals everywhere!

13. Rap-sody

Aug 29, 2017
    Are you talking about the livestream, as it aired already? If so, do you have a link? I don't want to miss this, because I could bite the bullet if it's convincing enough...

14. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Hey guys...

Turns out I will have time to do a livestream. It will be this coming Tuesday (25th Sep) at 6pm (BST) - 1pm (EDT) - 10am (PDT). There will be a stream on the Samplecast Youtube channel and on the live page of the Samplecast site.

PLUS... I have also managed to twist Sample Logic's arm into giving away 5 x $50 vouchers which can be spent on their site AND you can even spend them on XOSPHERE if you like! I'll be giving them away during the livestream.

Full details on the Samplecast site

15. Rap-sody

Aug 29, 2017
    Great! I won't be able to watch live, but I will check the replay.