What's new

Atelier Series Amy | $49 | Musical Sampling

Aaron Sapp

Hey folks,

NEW RELEASE!

Atelier Series Amy is a legato vocal release intended for emotional and cinematic contexts.

For this we wanted a tone that was somewhere between classical and pop. As luck would have it, our co-producer knew someone who not only fit the brief but also had the kind of vocal stamina this project required. Enter Amy Griffin; a talented vocalist and music educator.

We’ve included two extensively-recorded legato patches performed “long-style”. This means there are no programmed crossfades into a target sustain after playback of the legato interval. This involves far more recording time (12 hours in this case) than traditional legato sampling but ensures a seamless performance that also retains Amy’s natural progression in vibrato; musically-unique for every interval across the range.

Also included is Everlasting – a collection of beautiful, vowel-evolving sustains processed with a variety of hardware pedals. Every sample ebbs and flows; each note unique in how they evolve and loop. This keyswitch suite includes six presets: Beauty, Tundra, Celestial, Elysium, The Signal and Creation.

Available now for $49.

Check it out: Atelier Series Amy

Last edited:
Congrats! Those upper register ah's are especially nice. Are you using your own Musical Sampling string libraries in these demos? really impressive string sound in "Winter". I recognize some Spitfire FX I think but I might believe the rest were live if you said so.

Alright, after playing with it for a bit, I have to admit there are some bumpy transitions but I don't think those will be that noticeable when blended in with other instruments. The upper octave is so much better regarding legato and it sounds SO good and inspiring. What really stood out to me, even though it's not the main selling point of the library are the vocal pads. MY GOODNESS do they sound nice! Can't wait to use them in a project! All in all, $29 is a STEAL for a little gem like this. Good job Musical Sampling!

I've been playing with it a bit. The Ahh patch is nice, the legato transition is quite short and can sound a bit synthetic on fast note changes. However, for longer progressions, it does a great job!
I don't really like the Mmn patch as it sounds like the pitch was too much corrected.

I've been playing with it a bit. The Ahh patch is nice, the legato transition is quite short and can sound a bit synthetic on fast note changes. However, for longer progressions, it does a great job!
I don't really like the Mmn patch as it sounds like the pitch was too much corrected.
I agree. I do, however, like the mm patch but only in the lower register.

Thanks for the kind words, folks - means a lot!

@studioj @Kevperry777 : Strings at the top of “Winter” are CSS with the faux con sordino and Spitfire Tundra for low strings. Cellos in the middle are Vista mixed with Tina Guo cello. Spitfire Tundra for the soft arpeggio FX in the middle break. Think that about covers it.

Thanks for the kind words, folks - means a lot!

@studioj @Kevperry777 : Strings at the top of “Winter” are CSS with the faux con sordino and Spitfire Tundra for low strings. Cellos in the middle are Vista mixed with Tina Guo cello. Spitfire Tundra for the soft arpeggio FX in the middle break. Think that about covers it.
Awesome....goofy me I should have heard the articulations and known better. Just superb writing and sound...thanks!

Kind of a one-trick pony, but very effective and useful. The "ah" patch is well recorded/smoothly scripted and actually transitions from ah to ooh in the highest register. Lovely tone with a Max Richter vibe. I wish the "mmm" patch had been the softer "uhm" variation... but NO regrets for $29!

Also... Fast Spring... not a fan as they add U.S. tax... $29 is one thing, but for a $290 library at nearly 8.5% would be a no-go for me.

Fast Spring... not a fan as they add U.S. tax
That depends on state law, not federal law. California, for example, does not collect sales tax on software purchases delivered entirely by download but does collect it on purchases that include physical delivery of disks or manuals. Fast Spring would not be the only intermediary that gets this wrong for some jurisdictions. You should contact both them and Musical Sampling and include a link to the rules for your state. I did this once with another developer, and not only got the tax refunded but got a rather generous voucher for taking the trouble to let them know.

eBay, on the other hand, ignores California law. I'm not sure how they get away with it.

Kind of a one-trick pony, but very effective and useful. The "ah" patch is well recorded/smoothly scripted and actually transitions from ah to ooh in the highest register. Lovely tone with a Max Richter vibe. I wish the "mmm" patch had been the softer "uhm" variation... but NO regrets for $29!

Also... Fast Spring... not a fan as they add U.S. tax... $29 is one thing, but for a $290 library at nearly 8.5% would be a no-go for me.
Do they add US tax even on Canadian purchases?

Hey folks,

NEW RELEASE!

Atelier Series Amy is a legato vocal release intended for emotional and cinematic contexts.

For this we wanted a tone that was somewhere between classical and pop. As luck would have it, our co-producer knew someone who not only fit the brief but also had the kind of vocal stamina this project required. Enter Amy Griffin; a talented vocalist and music educator.

We’ve included two extensively-recorded legato patches performed “long-style”. This means there are no programmed crossfades into a target sustain after playback of the legato interval. This involves far more recording time (12 hours in this case) than traditional legato sampling but ensures a seamless performance that also retains Amy’s natural progression in vibrato; musically-unique for every interval across the range.

Also included is Everlasting – a collection of beautiful, vowel-evolving sustains processed with a variety of hardware pedals. Every sample ebbs and flows; each note unique in how they evolve and loop. This keyswitch suite includes six presets: Beauty, Tundra, Celestial, Elysium, The Signal and Creation.

Available now for $29 until March 1st.

Check it out: Atelier Series Amy

Gorgeous... well done! :)

Top Bottom