What's new

Assistant Looking To Work With London-Based Logic-Users.

Billy Palmer

I'm available to assist a London-based composer.

Here's A Little About Me:
• Scored two indie-games using virtual instruments alongside live performers;
• Designed a portfolio website (www.billyoftenwilliampalmer.com);
• Trombonist, having passed grade 8 with Distinction and recently joined the newly established ‘London Video Game Orchestra’;
• Achieved a First Class Bachelors Of Music in Composition (I graduate on Wednesday!).
• Sampled ‘The Sneaky Piano’:

Core Skills:

• Proficient with Logic, Fmod, Kontakt, Sibelius, various libraries from Spitfire and Orchestral Tools and both Mac and PC as a composer;

• Conscientious in helping maintain a successful and comfortable working space as an assistant.

Further Skills As An Assistant:
• All things Logic, from track-laying to creating modular templates;
Orchestration inside and outside of the DAW;
• Setting up and testing Fmod events;
Scheduling regular ‘composer-stories’ on Instagram and Twitter;
Transcribing midi-mockups in Sibelius and assisting with the process of mixing sample instruments with live soloists and recording sessions:

DM me for my full CV and contact details...
And if you know someone looking for an assistant who I may be a good match for, please send them my way!

Last edited:
nice CV William...you're probably more qualified than at least half of your prospective employers..;)
Aww thank you!

I would love to have the experience of helping a full-time composer and finding out about their workflow.
And practically speaking, I'm not at the stage where I have full-time composing gigs.

Workflow.....

manuscript, angst, programming, beer....phone call from agent/producer, revision, beer...phone call....gig lost to a crappy piece of music from elsewhere....beer....beer...beer....(oh, say hello to wife if applicable)
Wait 6 months for paltry demo fee, but can't spend it as you already have done...on.....beer.

Just joking...(?)...

Workflow.....

manuscript, angst, programming, beer....phone call from agent/producer, revision, beer...phone call....gig lost to a crappy piece of music from elsewhere....beer....beer...beer....(oh, say hello to wife if applicable)
Wait 6 months for paltry demo fee, but can't spend it as you already have done...on.....beer.

Just joking...(?)...

Judging from your website, I think I should try and copy that workflow, very nice stuff.

Top Bottom