What's new

As I prepare for the alleged "Snowpocalypse" in my neck of the woods...

TimCox

...anybody have any Netflix or Hulu or Prime or what-have-you recommendations? We'll most likely be snowed in this weekend.

(I know the east coast has been really pummeled but out here we have zero contingency plans for this stuff in the Pacific Northwest).

Netflix:

House of Cards! Jeff Beale's music is worth it alone - and it's my favorite show on television.
Ozarks
The first season of Counterpart
Is Westworld HBO or one of the others?

That's a few.

“Wild Wild Country” on Netflix-fascinating true story documentary about how a cult tried (and nearly succeeded) to take over Oregon in the 80’s.

What style shows do you like?
I like pretty much everything, my wife is a bit of a chicken though so scary stuff is out

Keep the suggestions coming everyone! I know I’ve browsed past some of these for sure

I like pretty much everything, my wife is a bit of a chicken though so scary stuff is out

Keep the suggestions coming everyone! I know I’ve browsed past some of these for sure
Altered Carbon -- had phenomenal story & visuals if you're okay with a lot of.... Moments where it definitely earns it's mature rating.

Travelers -- I liked a lot.

The Bodyguard (British series) -- great if you like political thriller.

Happy! on Netflix. It's one of the craziest and most entertaining shows I've ever seen. Just read the synopsis...

"A boozy ex-cop turned hit man thinks he's losing his marbles when a cartoon unicorn only he can see urges him to rescue a girl kidnapped by Santa."

It has an 8.3 on IMDB, so that should tell you something.

Disclaimer: Happy! is not for the faint of heart. :grin:

New Star Trek series, Turks and Caicos (bbc espionage stuff) with episodes before and after.
Jean Claude Van Johnson, the greatest show in the history of the world.

3 different flavors of TV entertainment.

@TimCox is it really that bad? I'm supposed to fly up to Seattle tomorrow morning. Though at this point it looks like most of the snow might be over by the time I land (11am)? What are people saying up there?

The Bodyguard (British series) -- great if you like political thriller.

+1 on this one. Didn't expect it, but it straight away drew me in in the first minutes and had quite a few "holding my breath" moments. Great balance between drama, action and politics.

Other nice one (also likely for the wife) is Outlander. My wife had interest in that and it entertained me much more then expected.

2nd for Mozart on The Jungle. But why watch? I'm in Portland, and I expect to keep working through this. If the work slows down, it might be a good time to refine my template again, do drive maintenance, change some guitar strings.

Oh come on. A "Snowpocalypse" is a perfect excuse to hang out on the sofa with a hot chocolate and a loved one and not feel guilty about being non-productive. These are the things we work for.

Devils Advocate

Happy! on Netflix. It's one of the craziest and most entertaining shows I've ever seen. Just read the synopsis...
Thumbs up for Happy! Enjoyed it a lot.

Altered Carbon -- had phenomenal story & visuals if you're okay with a lot of.... Moments where it definitely earns it's mature rating.
It is "good", but I stopped watching because I found it too deeply disturbing. There's so much stuff in that world that is just fucked up.
Have you watched Ajin?

my wife is a bit of a chicken though so scary stuff is out
Don't watch Nightflyers then. I'm only 2 episodes in and I'm liking it so far. A bit like Event Horizon if it was turned into a TV show.

I quite liked "The Punisher", but you've probably watched that already.

Thumbs up for Happy! Enjoyed it a lot.

It is "good", but I stopped watching because I found it too deeply disturbing. There's so much stuff in that world that is just fucked up.
Have you watched Ajin?

Don't watch Nightflyers then. I'm only 2 episodes in and I'm liking it so far. A bit like Event Horizon if it was turned into a TV show.

I quite liked "The Punisher", but you've probably watched that already.

Ajin is really good. Is there going to be a new season?

Top Bottom