What's new

Arturia Pigments 3.0. Any thoughts?

Support came through. Evidently the website glitched and didn't give them to me when I purchased Pigments, but I now have the sound packs downloaded and installed.
Exact same thing happened to me, their support was really good and had them added to my account pretty quickly.

I have seen some people on various forums mentioning Pigments 3 as an excessive CPU demanding synth. One person on KVR renamed it Pig 3,lol
What’s the general consensus among VI-C users?

I have seen some people on various forums mentioning Pigments 3 as an excessive CPU demanding synth. One person on KVR renamed it Pig 3,lol
Some presets are CPU heavy. Most are not from what I have seen.

I only used a few presets so far and they were no problem at all. So it doesn't seem to be a general problem but more limited to some presets.

I'm pretty tempted to get it on the sale. $100 is a good deal for an AAA synth. Generate which is great but more like a B series synth is $150 bucks (not on sale).

I'm pretty tempted to get it on the sale. $100 is a good deal for an AAA synth. Generate which is great but more like a B series synth is $150 bucks (not on sale).
You must not be smoking 💨 the right stuff,lol
Generate is probably my favorite new synth and imo one of the most interesting synths of the last year or two! I’m a total raving synthaholic that has way too many,for me Generate is simply awesome.
I’m curious in getting Pigments 3 partially because of all of its capabilities,it almost reminds me of a Swiss Army knife of a synth. It can do many things but I keep hearing people say it’s pretty good at most things but I don’t hear anyone falling off their chair saying this is fu*kin amazing,so I’m almost a bit leery. I can get this for $49 and I’m trying to figure if it’s the new hype and price or if it’s the actual synth I’m thinking about buying............

Last edited:
You must not be smoking 💨 the right stuff,lol
Generate is probably my favorite new synth and one of the most interesting synths of the last year or two imo! I’m a total raving synthaholic that has way too many,for me Generate is simply awesome.
I’m curious in getting Pigments 3 partially because of all of its capabilities,it almost reminds me of a Swiss Army knife of a synth. It can do many things but I keep hearing people say it’s pretty good at most things but I don’t hear anyone falling off their chair saying this is fu*kin amazing,so I’m almost a bit leery. I can get this for $49 and I’m trying to figure if it’s the new hype and price or if it’s the actual synth I’m thinking about buying............
How to Generate for $49. ?? Have Pendulate & very interested ! Even having just add Pigments 3 🤷‍♂️

I’m saying even though I can get Pigments 3 for $49 I’m still somewhat hesitant. I keep hearing Pigments 3 is pretty good at lots of things but I keep hearing people say other synths are better at specific synth technologies.
fwiw I did get a good intro price w/Generate(I don’t remember how much but it was definitely a bargain) I have all of the other NewFangled products and a load of the Eventide roster, Eventide/NewFangled give users special intro pricing.

Got it. Only have EQuivocate, Blackhole, R4, Pendulate, few others so far.
$149. for Generate is a pass. Tone 2 - Warlock is getting some attention now @ $69. :unsure:

Got it. Only have EQuivocate, Blackhole, R4, Pendulate, few others so far.
$149. for Generate is a pass. Tone 2 - Warlock is getting some attention now @ $69. :unsure:
NewFangled will have it on sale BF in the meantime if they have any sales on other NewFangled products if you add them to your account prior to BF should qualify towards a better discount when you eventually purchase Generate.
Like I said earlier I don’t remember what I paid but it was well under $100,probably between $49 & $69
Whenever they release something now they always give me such a good intro price it’s always insta-buy.

Pig 3 :rofl: Actually I'm working on a track right now with 14 separate instances of Pigments and about half of them use a granular engine without a problem. This is on a Win10 Pro machine running Cubase Pro 11.

I should add that you should "tune" your machine carefully to get the most out of it: get rid of all useless apps running in background, optimize memory usage, etc. Then everything is much better.

Pig 3 :rofl: Actually I'm working on a track right now with 14 separate instances of Pigments and about half of them use a granular engine without a problem. This is on a Win10 Pro machine running Cubase Pro 11.

I should add that you should "tune" your machine carefully to get the most out of it: get rid of all useless apps running in background, optimize memory usage, etc. Then everything is much better.
agreed with this.

good resource in case of use

All the NI tricks mentioned by @darkogav are useful but my tech told me that deactivating Intel Speedstepping directly in the BIOS of my system was the crucial thing. I don't care much about noise (system is soundproofed) or power consumption (I live in Quebec where electricity is dirt cheap, kinda). Apparently some people say that it should not change anything. I guess that this depends on your motherboard as in my case it did, big time, especially for granular synths like Pigments.

"B series"? On the contrary, Generate is brilliant and truly unique synth and about to be updated in 2 days!

"B series"? On the contrary, Generate is brilliant and truly unique synth and about to be updated in 2 days!
I thought I made my love for Generate clear. It's great and brilliant.

B series in the sense that it's not a workhorse like Falcon 2, Massive X, Zebra 2. It's in a different category of synths.

I thought I made my love for Generate clear. It's great and brilliant.

B series in the sense that it's not a workhorse like Falcon 2, Massive X, Zebra 2. It's in a different category of synths.
These are categories in your own paradigm, in my reality Massive X is not a “workhorse “ or even a consideration of a synth I’d be interested in using.
There are no absolutes but to dismiss a synth that’s unique and somewhat niche with a 2nd run version of a popular synth that’s been panned by many people or is unusable by a large segment of synthesists as a “workhorse“ is a stretch in my reality.
Generate might not be your cup of tea but for many of us it’s one of the most interesting and promising NEW synths to come around in a very long time.
Many people dismiss Absynth as old and outdated for me even today I think Absynth is still one of the best synths NI ever released and is on my short list of 1st call synths,Massive 1 I never liked and Massive X I’ve never tried(my Mac can’t run it).

Of course all of this is all subjective and a matter of “taste” but I think we can all agree there are no absolutes.

Top Bottom