What's new

Arturia Pigments 3.0. Any thoughts?

cuttime

Yeah, I'm confused about the Spectrum Sound Pack, too. There seems to be two ways of downloading the packs. I downloaded them through Pigments itself (Browser>My Library>My Banks>Amethyst, Crimson, etc.) They seemed to unpack and authorize and were ready to play. I then got an email link from Arturia with download links and serial numbers and unlock codes which, at this point, I don't seem to need. This deal was the 19.99 crossgrade, as I was upgraing free from v2 to v3. Programming deals like this in e-commerce HTML must be a special kind of hell.

jbuhler

Yeah, I'm confused about the Spectrum Sound Pack, too. There seems to be two ways of downloading the packs. I downloaded them through Pigments itself (Browser>My Library>My Banks>Amethyst, Crimson, etc.) They seemed to unpack and authorize and were ready to play. I then got an email link from Arturia with download links and serial numbers and unlock codes which, at this point, I don't seem to need. This deal was the 19.99 crossgrade, as I was upgraing free from v2 to v3. Programming deals like this in e-commerce HTML must be a special kind of hell.
No emails, nothing in the Store (just the packs at regular price), nothing in my banks except factory, Pigments 2 and Pigments 3.

KarlHeinz

They aren't showing for me at all.
This is really kind of a mess to get threw to it (I have been threw ;)).

In general there are two options:

- what sotenuto is talking about in last post: on your account page of arturia when you are logged in there are download links (which simply have not worked when I bought it but seems to work now as stated in the post above)

- in general with the arturia intaller all should be done automatically if you run and update

- then you could run pigments 3 (after update), preferred the standalone version

- you should see the soundpacks in your store as registered

- but you have to download each of them with that little icon on top of it before you can see it in your "my banks" folder

jbuhler

This is really kind of a mess to get threw to it (I have been threw ;)).

In general there are two options:

- what sotenuto is talking about in last post: on your account page of arturia when you are logged in there are download links (which simply have not worked when I bought it but seems to work now as stated in the post above)

- in general with the arturia intaller all should be done automatically if you run and update

- then you could run pigments 3 (after update), preferred the standalone version

- you should see the soundpacks in your store as registered

- but you have to download each of them with that little icon on top of it before you can see it in your "my banks" folder
No, I don't have any links on the account page. I only have Pigments, Keylabs, my various V Collections, and a few other freebies. I looked under both my products and my orders.

The Software installer (ASC) also doesn't have them. I just installed Pigments using the installer. I am running Pigments in standalone mode. The store shows packs for purchase.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.56.27 PM.png
I think the crossed out price and then the same price is a nice touch! (That's true for all the packs. It's like it should be showing a sale price.)

So it looks to me like it didn't register the additional packs when I purchased.

KarlHeinz

No, I don't have any links on the account page. I only have Pigments, Keylabs, my various V Collections, and a few other freebies. I looked under both my products and my orders.

The Software installer (ASC) also doesn't have them. I just installed Pigments using the installer. I am running Pigments in standalone mode. The store shows packs for purchase.

View attachment 48744
I think the crossed out price and then the same price is a nice touch! (That's true for all the packs. It's like it should be showing a sale price.)

So it looks to me like it didn't register the additional packs when I purchased.
Got it. When did you buy ? For me it took some hours till they show up for me, long after pigments have been upgraded to 3.

You could look into your account if you could download them. At the time the packs show up in my account I could not download them (was led to an error page).

But it seems you have not even the (wrong leading) links. I am not sure if it might still be a server problem (with the cheap prize including the new soundset), it took me hours to even log into my account with errors about connections. Then when I got (at least) pigments upgraded the same: nothing about the soundsets I just bought.

It is really a mess to get it done with the soundpacks so only thing I could recommend is to be patient (or take a support ticket but that might not speed up the process).

When they finally arrive it should be like in the post I did for sostenuto:

- first in your store as "registered"

- then you can download (with the small icon)

- finally in your "my banks"

Maybe just wait till tomorrow in case it is still a server problem and then if nothing changed write to support

jbuhler

Got it. When did you buy ? For me it took some hours till they show up for me, long after pigments have been upgraded to 3.

You could look into your account if you could download them. At the time the packs show up in my account I could not download them (was led to an error page).

But it seems you have not even the (wrong leading) links. I am not sure if it might still be a server problem (with the cheap prize including the new soundset), it took me hours to even log into my account with errors about connections. Then when I got (at least) pigments upgraded the same: nothing about the soundsets I just bought.

It is really a mess to get it done with the soundpacks so only thing I could recommend is to be patient (or take a support ticket but that might not speed up the process).

When they finally arrive it should be like in the post I did for sostenuto:

- first in your store as "registered"

- then you can download (with the small icon)

- finally in you store

Maybe just wait till tomorrow in case it is still a server problem and then if nothing changed write to support
I just bought it. So I'll wait I guess... Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
On Arturia Site, logged in on your Account, in My Products, does Pigments appear ?
Is Spectrum Sound Pack there as well ? I have many other Sound Banks/Packs, and
Pigments was high on list, while Spectrum Sound Packs was much further down.

Good luck, regardless !

jbuhler

On Arturia Site, logged in on your Account, in My Products, does Pigments appear ?
Is Spectrum Sound Pack there as well ? I have many other Sound Banks/Packs, and
Pigments was high on list, while Spectrum Sound Packs was much further down.

Good luck, regardless !
Pigments appears both there and in the Arturia Software Center. But the Spectrum Sound Pack does not appear in either place. At this point I'll just wait and if I don't see anything tomorrow, I'll raise a ticket with support.

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
For me, in Windows 10 Pro, ASC does not display any Sound Banks/Packs .... have (7) plus Spectrum.
No doubt all will be fine in day or so.

sean8877

I might be confused but based on the posts above it looks like the Spectrum Sound Pack was supposed to be included free when you upgrade from Pigments 2 -> 3? I bought it for $19 even though I already own Pigments 2. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? Thanks.

jbuhler

I might be confused but based on the posts above it looks like the Spectrum Sound Pack was supposed to be included free when you upgrade from Pigments 2 -> 3? I bought it for $19 even though I already own Pigments 2. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? Thanks.
The free sound packs were listed on the basic offer for buying Pigments.

galactic orange

Sensor Number
no. the upgrade from pigments 2 to 3 is free. but if you want to buy the spectrum colleciton its $19 for the packs.
Also, keep in mind that the $19 spectrum price for previous Pigments 2 owners is a limited time discounted price. I haven’t picked it up yet but I intend to before the deal is gone.

darkogav

Also, keep in mind that the $19 spectrum price for previous Pigments 2 owners is a limited time discounted price. I haven’t picked it up yet but I intend to before the deal is gone.
You can sample about 10 of each preset from each pack by just launching Pigments 3 and going to the store and clicking icon of the pack. It downloads 10 you can play around with in the DAW. Just closer the window and don't switch into the advanced settings of Pigments and the presets works as is. It gives you an idea of what they are. :)

KarlHeinz

You can sample about 10 of each preset from each pack by just launching Pigments 3 and going to the store and clicking icon of the pack. It downloads 10 you can play around with in the DAW. Just closer the window and don't switch into the advanced settings of Pigments and the presets works as is. It gives you an idea of what they are. :)
Wow, thats a great tip :thumbsup:. And it seems to work on all banks, not only the new ones. Really great that you can try it out this way, much better then any demos.

Top Bottom