What's new

Art Conductor 6.1 - 20 new library and all new snapshot presets - watch the walkthrough for the snapshots

babylonwaves

Darth Fader
Hey VIC,

Yes, you heart me right: game changing :elephant::dancer: it is ... ;)

In the recent weeks we've channeled a lot of energy into this new update. You'll get support for 20 new libraries and - Braaaaaam! - a lot of completely and also re-imagined templates as well.

As you might know, libraries such as Orchestral Tools Berlin Strings have more articulations than the manufacturers use in their own Kontakt stock instruments. As a result, Art Conductor did only supported a fraction of the possible arts in those cases. Starting with this update, we develop matching Kontakt Snapshots and Articulation Templates! This way, every single articulation can be supported . You can even combine multiple Kontakt instances and use a single, really big Cubase Expression Map/ Logic Articulation Set to control it all together, see below.

A Kontakt multi with a build in script which takes care of the controller messages is a part of the update. Thanks to that, moving the Modwheel for instance controls all the instruments together. You don't have to worry about MIDI channels.

Best, marc

ark3 high strings.png

Here's a list of all the new libraries added in version 6.1:

20 New New Libraries

8DIO Century Brass Ensemble v2
8DIO Century Brass Solo v2
8DIO Century Brass Lite v2
8DIO Ostinator Strings Chapter II
Cinesamples CineBrass Core
Cinesamples CineBrass Pro
Cinesamples CineBrass Sonore
Cinesamples CineHarpsichord
Cinesamples CineWinds Core
Cinesamples CineWinds Pro
Fluffy Audio Dominus Pro
Fluffy Audio Venice Modern Strings
Heavyocity Vento
Heavyocity NOVO Intimate Textures
Orchestral Tools Time Micro
Spitfire Albion NEO
Spitfire Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolution
VSL Synchronized Elements
Virharmonic Bohemian Cello
Virharmonic Bohemian Violin

Entirely new snapshot versions for:

Orchestral Tools Berlin Strings
Orchestral Tools Berlin Brass
Orchestral Tools Berlin Woods
Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 4
Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 3
NI Session Strings 2
Embertone Joshua Bell Violin

Those new libraries offer snapshots:

8dio Century Brass II Solo
8dio Century Brass II Ensemble
8dio Century Brass II Lite
8dio Century Ostinato Strings II

Last edited:
Amazing, just what I was hoping for. Love using it in CSS, and now on Berlin Woodwinds + Brass!

Bloody Hell !!!! Because of you, i have to modify my template once again !:emoji_grin:
Well done for the new maps and the snapshots !

Bravo guys !
Cheers.

Any chance there could be a video showing these improvements in action? I'm not sure I get the Snapshot concept.

Hi,

I picked up Art Conductor in February, and the upgrade is very welcome indeed. However, I must be a missing something as I can see where to download the update from.

Regards, Michael.

Hi,

I picked up Art Conductor in February, and the upgrade is very welcome indeed. However, I must be a missing something as I can see where to download the update from.

Regards, Michael.
I dont see it either and I dont see anywhere for updates or upgrade for licensees.

Ah - ignore me. I had an email with instructions on how to get that I hadn't seen.

@Rex282 I'd check your mail, my upgrade email arrived yesterday.

hey guys,

thanks a lot for all the nice comments. here's a video which shows how things work.

this update is free to Art Conductor 6 owners and all the updates this year will be free as well to those. if you own an older version, look at your emails - we've sent you a discount voucher yesterday.

hey guys,

thanks a lot for all the nice comments. here's a video which shows how things work.

this update is free to Art Conductor 6 owners and all the updates this year will be free as well to those. if you own an older version, look at your emails - we've sent you a discount voucher yesterday.

Thanks! That helped a lot!

hey guys,

I just bought in Jan2020 and it's a AC 5.When did it go to 6....I haven't even used it yet!!..

I just bought in Jan2020 and it's a AC 5.When did it go to 6....I haven't even used it yet!!..

@Rex282 -

here's the deal: I cannot send update notifications to customers without their prior consent. and even then, a couple of the free upgrade vouchers I've sent out were not used. eventually because mails end up in SPAM, I don't know. in any case, contact me through the form on our website and we make you happy.

@Rex282 -

here's the deal: I cannot send update notifications to customers without their prior consent. and even then, a couple of the free upgrade vouchers I've sent out were not used. eventually because mails end up in SPAM, I don't know. in any case, contact me through the form on our website and we make you happy.
Thanks I just sent.

I use Logic Pro X on my master Mac with a PC slave running Kontakt in VEPro. I've downloaded the Kontakt snapshots but how do I use them on my PC Slave? Every time I try to import a snapshot it says I'm missing a file with no description of the file thats missing or where it's looking. The snapshots are therefore nice but useless to me as my entire Orchestral Tools Template is on my PC Slave

Last edited:
I use Logic Pro X on my master Mac with a PC slave running Kontakt in VEPro. I've downloaded the Kontakt snapshots but how do I use them on my PC Slave? Every time I try to import a snapshot it says I'm missing a file with no description of the file thats missing or where it's looking. The snapshots are therefore nice but useless to me as my entire Orchestral Tools Template is on my PC Slave
another user told me that he solved that exact problem by updating Kontakt. The Snapshots work on PCs in general but you might need to use a recent version of Kontakt. I'm still trying to find out more, so far I haven't found anything related to compatibility and snapshots. Here I can use the snapshots on both mac and PC just fine. I have Kontakt 6 installed.

Top Bottom