What's new

Are there more Sample Libraries recorded at sony scoring stage ?

Good question. I wonder why only CineSamples uses the Sony Stage ?
I really enjoy the sound of cinesamples but they don't make a lot of libraries. I gues Sony Stage has an exclusive deal with them ?

I really enjoy the sound of cinesamples but they don't make a lot of libraries. I gues Sony Stage has an exclusive deal with them ?
That could be one possibility. But given they don't make a lot libraries, why would Sony Stage lock themselves into a contract with CineSamples. They surely are not as active as Spitfire Audio.

I gues Sony Stage has an exclusive deal with them ?
not anymore, so probably you'll get some positive answers to your original question in the future. But I doubt that other developers would still be tempted to record there since CineSamples squeezed out all the basics from that stage already

not anymore, so probably you'll get some positive answers to your original question in the future. But I doubt that other developers would still be tempted to record there since CineSamples squeezed out all the basics from that stage already
That never stopped Spitfire from "doing it again". And look where they are now. ^^

That never stopped Spitfire from "doing it again". And look where they are now. ^^
So you're saying that CineSamples may do it again which will make it even less desirable for other developers to record there, which is not what you're asking for, which is totally my point 🙂

Cinesample hasn't recorded anything apart form the basic basics yet. There is still a lot of stuff to record at Sony Scoring Stage.
like what?.... like synths🤷‍♂️? I mean all what is left apart from the basics now are the non-basic & rather rare instruments which again makes the probability more and more narrower: for another developer to be interested in recording such instruments in the first place and then decide to record them at sony specifically. I know I sound very pessimistic here but I'm also trying to be realistic. But you know what? A chamber strings for example in Sony is a great idea which begs to become true... so maybe, just maybe that would be the spark to revive the interest for other developers to record there.

TLTR; I personally don't know of other existing instruments by other developers recorded at Sony, and personally don't think that is very likely to be realized in the future..

Negative. If you really need that sound though, you could always load up the Culver City Scoring Stage preset in Spaces 2.
You know, I was kind of surprised at how it didn't seem to blend with Cinesamples as well as I would expect. I think the decay feels much longer IIRC. Surprisingly, the Hollywood Scoring Stage (one of them, anyway) is a great fit, and true stereo :)

But yes nobody else records there yet, and Cinesamples won't anymore. I guess someone could always come along and just do one of the main sections again, especially to outdo the perceived weak spots int the Cinesamples lineup.

I also really like the room of CineSymphony. Unfortunately, last I heard, the stage was on the verge of closing down. And that was a while ago.

I‘m also a bit puzzled what exactly is meant by the basics of the basics.. we‘re talking about a few years of development for a whole company, delivering libraries covering the whole orchestra down to sleighbells, muted brass… and the triangle.

Didnt I read not long ago that Cinesamples is working on a new line?

like what?.... like synths🤷‍♂️? I mean all what is left apart from the basics now are the non-basic & rather rare instruments which again makes the probability more and more narrower: for another developer to be interested in recording such instruments in the first place and then decide to record them at sony specifically. I know I sound very pessimistic here but I'm also trying to be realistic. But you know what? A chamber strings for example in Sony is a great idea which begs to become true... so maybe, just maybe that would be the spark to revive the interest for other developers to record there.

TLTR; I personally don't know of other existing instruments by other developers recorded at Sony, and personally don't think that is very likely to be realized in the future..
What stops Cinesamples from making their own “Symphobia” product line recorded in Sony?

CineSamples has announced they are releasing an Organ, and a Chamber Strings library soon. Not sure where they recorded them, but it might not be Sony this time around. Did they find a better sounding scoring stage ? or ... ?

Top Bottom