What's new

Are there any (digital) painters here?

Do you paint or draw?

• Total voters
Amazing, loving all the work on here. I've recently got back into painting and drawing, digitally and traditionally but I don't have anything to show just yet. Not that I'm shy, I just don't have anything finished! I'm focusing on techniques by just drawing or digitally painting random things. I'm in the middle of watching Walid's horror video that was linked above so will try something along those lines soon.

Well, you absolutely nailed the drawing part! Was it the angel academy of art in florence?

No it was Academy of Realist Art in Toronto. The founder is the same, the ownership changed. Florence would have been fantastic but too expensive.

I've been a professional painter since 1983. I grew up in a musical household, and my father played in a big band and owned a music store. He was also an arranger and educator. I learned several instruments at a young age and made my living in music until I was 27, while also making art. After tiring of touring I decided to paint full time. I still record music for my own pleasure.

Here's one of my paintings:
EveningOldOrchard_800w.jpg

I started painting as a distraction from life, and it works very well for that, at least in short bursts. I find painting very peaceful. Sure, there are failures, plenty of them. I expect them.
That's awesome, keep at it! And feel free to share your progress with us if you like.

I've been a professional painter since 1983. I grew up in a musical household, and my father played in a big band and owned a music store. He was also an arranger and educator. I learned several instruments at a young age and made my living in music until I was 27, while also making art. After tiring of touring I decided to paint full time. I still record music for my own pleasure.

Here's one of my paintings:
EveningOldOrchard_800w.jpg
Wow, fantastic work! Would love to see more!

Top Bottom