What's new

APD/SL *** Drama Spinoff

Soundlex

"In fact, Fleer please do reach out to me privately I want to send you some free Sample Logic products as I know it does not make up for this, but I feel for you man and I am sorry it has come to this shit show."

Is it just me or someone else can picture him talking to himself here??:rofl:

kitekrazy

Usually a shill doesn't use the same user name in multiple forums. He's far from a shill. I wanted to avoid this thread but there's too much that points he's not a shill. Ask him what he thinks of Melda plugins.

Jdiggity1

Stroking The Frog
Usually a shill doesn't use the same user name in multiple forums. He's far from a shill. I wanted to avoid this thread but there's too much that points he's not a shill. Ask him what he thinks of Melda plugins.
I think it depends on how we define a shill.
I don't think anybody was accusing Fleer of being a "shill account" operated by APD (I dunno... Maybe some people were thinking it) but I thought the main point of contention was about Fleer being compensated for his forum activity. Effectively being encouraged to continue bumping dying threads and singing hyperbolic praise, with the chance he might get rewarded with a treat.
There's not exactly "proof" to support 'guilty' or 'not guilty', and with the lengths it took before getting something that resembled an answer from anybody, the whole thing was (and still is) largely up to interpretation.

But also, haven't there been cases of shill accounts appearing across multiple forums? "Ryan99" keeps being brought up.

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Cheers, kitekrazy, Melda’s not my cup of tea ;)
It’s been entertaining over here, time to move on indeed. Trolls will be trolls, so I have now decided to refrain from posting on any great sales I might find in both Deals threads as well as both Commercial threads. This way I’ll run into less trolls and lurkers. For the good guys, you’ll find me, as always, in the other threads like Sample Talk.

Quasar

I don't understand the moral outrage, I really don't. What about celebrity athletes who endorse tennis shoes? What about product placement in movies? The whole capitalist swamp is drenched in marketing hype characterized by grossly exaggerated claims and outright lies on so many, many levels. Some of it is overt and obvious, some of it is covert and subliminal. It is so pervasive that you literally can't escape it's chatter unless you decide to dig a hole and fall into it for the rest of your life. But the mainstream postmodern culture simply takes it for granted.

Ad agencies get paid big money to infest the minds of small children in order to cement lifelong brand loyalty while their brains are still impressionable and they have yet to develop critical thinking skills. Where's the outrage about that?

In terms of VI's, I wish some of the self-righteous indignation expressed here could be saved for the issues that really matter, such as the evisceration of privacy and autonomy rights via corporofascist copy protection.

Besides, anyone who would buy a sample library because someone on a web forum says: "Sweet deal!",... well, that's on them. I would characterize the existence of marketing shills (if they even exist) on music software forums as trivial, except that I don't think it even rises to the level of trivia.

bzyboy

I don't understand the moral outrage, I really don't. What about celebrity athletes who endorse tennis shoes? What about product placement in movies? The whole capitalist swamp is drenched in marketing hype characterized by grossly exaggerated claims and outright lies on so many, many levels. Some of it is overt and obvious, some of it is covert and subliminal. It is so pervasive that you literally can't escape it's chatter unless you decide to dig a hole and fall into it for the rest of your life. But the mainstream postmodern culture simply takes it for granted.

Ad agencies get paid big money to infest the minds of small children in order to cement lifelong brand loyalty while their brains are still impressionable and they have yet to develop critical thinking skills. Where's the outrage about that?

In terms of VI's, I wish some of the self-righteous indignation expressed here could be saved for the issues that really matter, such as the evisceration of privacy and autonomy rights via corporofascist copy protection.

Besides, anyone who would buy a sample library because someone on a web forum says: "Sweet deal!",... well, that's on them. I would characterize the existence of marketing shills (if they even exist) on music software forums as trivial, except that I don't think it even rises to the level of trivia.
I couldn't agree more. I always chuckle on the sale threads because there is ALWAYS at least one thread that says "it's a no brainer at this price!" If you're making purchases based on a post on a web forum that could be just about anybody well then like Quasar said "that's on you!"

chillbot

Sock Muppet
You're honestly comparing this to celebrity athletes endorsing shoes? Holy shit if John Powell came on here and said buy "this" it would get a million sales. We are a niche community with limited budgets with limited reviews with limited, if any, ability to return the product just hoping for a few honest and not bought reviews to base decisions on.

Top Bottom