What's new

APD/SL *** Drama Spinoff

thereus

Fleer,

Are you in some way connected with audioplugin deals?

Your comments on this forum seem disproportionately dedicated to rather over-enthusiastic endorsement of their offers.

If you are doing that because you work for them or are friends with them, you should say so clearly.

Last edited:

anothermember

Fleet,

Are you in some way connected with audioplugin deals?

Your comments on this forum seem disproportionately dedicated to rather over-enthusiastic endorsement of their offers.

If you are doing that because you work for them or are friends with them, you should say so clearly.
(Throwaway account as I'm a developer...)

@thereus He's not just over-enthusiastic on this forum, its every forum that you can find APD or Sample Logic on. For example:

Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/user/Profleer

KVR: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Audioplugin.deals&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2708419/re-50-off-ravenscroft-275.html

Beyond My DAW: https://beyondmydaw.com/forum/search.php?action=results&sid=2e203b26373224d09dd34d65aa1540e9&sortby=lastpost&order=desc&uid=0&page=2

And its already been proven that Fleer a shill for APD at the very least. Someone posted proof of him creating threads to start discussions on deals before they began, but nothing has been done about it:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/are-there-shills-fake-accounts-from-developers-on-this-forum.68313/page-2#post-4182248

Its sad to see this kind of behaviour continue with nothing being done about it, especially when the rest of us developers advertise in a moral manner.

OP
T

thereus

So, Fleer, are you a shill?

If so, of course, you don't matter that much. You are perhaps just somebody's fake email account. Your continued posting here, however, speaks volumes for the integrity of AudioPluginDeals. Why would they want to sully their brand in this way?

OP
T

thereus

@mikegreene. Is it part of your policy for the sellers here, especially advertisers not to do this?

KarlHeinz

thereus: I followed this and must say I am really disappointed if this is true. But what I dont really get even if I used the audio plugin deals gift certificate to get this cheaper: what has audio plugin deals to do with Samplelogic ? I mean if you buy this directly from samplelogic without using this backdoor with the geft certificate whats wrong with this ?

DivingInSpace

thereus: I followed this and must say I am really disappointed if this is true. But what I dont really get even if I used the audio plugin deals gift certificate to get this cheaper: what has audio plugin deals to do with Samplelogic ? I mean if you buy this directly from samplelogic without using this backdoor with the geft certificate whats wrong with this ?
Well, you buying it with or without the gift certificate is by no means wrong or unethical, the only unethical thing happening is the fact that somebody is paid to talk good about products while pretending to be a normal costumer (a shill). I very much take that Fleer is on the payroll of both Audio Plugin Deals and Sample Logic.

*Edit*

I might very well have been a bit too fast with that last one. Sorry about that, i have no idea who is a shill and who isn't.

Last edited:

anothermember

Joe Trupiano is the owner of both Sample Logic and Audio Plugin Deals (plus another sample library company that rhyms with "Firk Plunter"). He bought a database of everyone's email addresses from the previous owner of this forum (completely illegal) then set up Audio Plugin Deals.

AllanH

I think the Fleer thesis is correct; it certainly matches his posting history. He generally uses words such as "I got it", "sweet", "a sweet deal, indeed" and never actually says that he "purchased" anything (I least I don't recall). Maybe he is simply an enthusiastic friend, but I do wish he'd come clean.

OP
T

thereus

I wonder how interested the forum owners would be in penalising advertisers when they do this?

anothermember

@KarlHeinz

We'll see if AudioPluginDeals or Fleer defend themselves.
Well they never replied or tried to defend themselves in the other thread either:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/when-marketing-crosses-the-line-of-etiquette-audio-plugin-deals.77102/

They just continue with their shady tactics. I'm sure however that there will be some simple explanation of Fleer just being someone who loves their stuff and nothing more. Just like the hilarious Ryan99 debacle where they used a fake account to push negative threads down in the forum posts:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/how-did-sample-logic-get-my-email-address.63256/#post-4107178

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
I just wrote this in the other thread. No shill. Enthusiastic, yes. Only one Fleer and very much a free man. Loving APD and VSTBuzz as they save me a lot of money. Since five years I have been buying) quality sample library from developers like SampleLogic, Heavyocity, Output, OrchestralTools, EastWest, Spitfire, CineSamples, SoundIron, Toontrack, 8Dio, SonicCouture, Embertone, BigFishAudio and Native Instruments, some of my favorites. So when there’s a special deal I’m quite happy. Hope this helps.
And let me add that I only have one account, linked to my own name, open and clear.

OP
T

thereus

Fleer,

Thanks for clarifying and apologies if I am being overly suspicious. Can you confirm that you are not in any way recompensed for your enthusiasm either in money, discounts or free product from the developers that you list and APD/VSTBuzz?

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Look man, as I wrote, I’m not a shill. But since you’re so kind to say you’re overly suspicious, of course I got to know people from those developers, or from VSTBuzz and APD through their support channels when something didn’t go right the first time. And I do like most of them for responding properly and helping out. And sometimes giving me a freebie or rebate to compensate the trouble. But I have paid good money to all of them and received good products in return. Actually, I went into my accounts to verify, and the first time I bought something from VSTBuzz was the ProductionVoices Estate Grand in 2014, paying $39. The first time I bought from APD was the VI-Labs True Keys Pianos $99 in 2017, paving $99. The first time I bought from Heavyocity was Aeon Melodic in 2015, paying €94 (actually through Best Service). The first time I bought from Output was Analog Strings in 2018, paying $99 (actually through NI). The first time I bought from Spitfire was Albion Tundra in 2018, paying $199. The first time I bought from EastWest was their CCC2 bundle in 2014, paying $299. The first time I bought from CineSamples was their Piano In Blue in 2014, paying $50. I can go on, and check every purchase I’ve made from those companies over five years, as I can deduct them for tax purposes. I guess I paid over $5000. Last important purchase was the Native Instruments upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector’s Edition (about a week ago) and happily paid $300 for it.
Actually, I only post when I dig something. You can of course single out my posts regarding VSTBuzz sales, or APD sales, or Heavyocity sales, or Output sales, etcetera. But if you would check all my posts since 2014 you’ll find that I post whenever I see a deal I like. That’s it. I’m no shill. So please indeed apologize.

OP
T

thereus

Fleer,

Thanks for the reply. I am not going to press you any further, other than to note that you did not answer my question. You mention having received free product from suppliers at some point relating to your trouble over technical-support-related problems, but not whether you have received anything for providing your support to them on this forum. You are under no obligation to answer my question. You clearly owe me nothing. I merely note that you haven't. I cannot, therefore, tell for certain if you are receiving benefit for your recommendations or not from this exchange. If you are not, you are indeed due my apologies. It is not unreasonable for me to take steps to understand the veracity of recommendations on which I might be relying when spending considerable amounts of money, but I get that doing so might be indistinguishable from rudeness and I am not sure how to avoid that, however regrettable it is.

Ultimately, each will make his or her own judgement and act accordingly.

Thereus

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
thereus,
I think I have been perfectly clear. I only post because I like (or dislike) stuff, not because of whichever benefits you may think of. Even if we got a compensation from a support guy or a freebie for the trouble, as I know many of us have over the years, this wouldn’t make our posts less sincere. I would never post for any reason other than my enthusiasm and GAS.

DivingInSpace

thereus,
I think I have been perfectly clear. I only post because I like (or dislike) stuff, not because of whichever benefits you may think of. Even if we got a compensation from a support guy or a freebie for the trouble, as I know many of us have over the years, this wouldn’t make our posts less sincere. I would never post for any reason other than my enthusiasm and GAS.
Being clear about receiving free products before giving even your honest opinion is pretty damned important imo. People should ALWAYS be clear that about sponsored content/free stuff from developers before reviewing or recommending said product, no matter how sincere you are.

Top Bottom