What's new

Anyone use Kurzweil Forte as a main studio MIDI controller?

OP
hag01

hag01

Kurzweils have always been stellar as MIDI controllers. Just one of the most flexible things ever.
Good to know.
I have a brand new Kurzweil Forte now, seems like a very complicated machine, I barely started to use it, didn't connect it yet to my PC.

So I want to know what to expect.

Also, it is a big and heavy keyboard so not likely that I will play on it outdoor, and I have few other keyboards but none of them are a great MIDI controller for DAW work.
I'm looking for some review on the instrument while I just learn the instrument.

I'd say for the price that I paid for the keyboard, it is worth it even just as a MIDI controller - for some reason it costs 2/3 the price that it costs in the USA, although all other competitor more expensive in my country than in the USA(Korg Kronos, Nord Stage, Yamaha Montage - all are more expensive in my country).
It is also much less expensive in my country than the Korg Kronos I wanted before.
Korg Kronos is about 5,000$ and Kurzweil Forte is about 3,100$ in my country.

I don't have any idea why the Kurzweil Forte is so cheap in my country, this is a very weird thing.
It maybe the best all around sounding workstation in today market so good for me.

Most keyboardist in my country prefer the Nord Stage and I think this is the most popular keyboard among keyboardists in my county, but I think most of these guys don't appreciate great orchestral sounds and just looking for great AP, EP, hammond, and some basic synth.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Better start reading that manual. What you want to know is the Multi mode. This is where all the magic regarding MIDI control happens.

Top Bottom