Anyone on Mojave?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Craig Sharmat, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jcrosby

jcrosby Senior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Boston MA
    Have you called Apple about this? This sounds like the kind of issue they'd actually want to see.

Once you inevitably stump their standard pro apps advisor, (these guys never know anything about Logic even though they're supposed to), they should put you in touch with a senior pro apps advisor. If it's something they haven't seen I wouldn't be surprised if they have you send files that they'll push to the engineering department... (Been through for a few weeks now with issues I'm seeing with the nMBP.)

2. dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I considered updating today but I have no particular reason to. After your experience, I think I’ll wait a bit longer! Were you having any of these problems before the update?

jcrosby likes this.
  3. Wall Art Music

Wall Art Music Music That Hangs on the Walls

After the most recent Logic update I would occasionally get an Illegal Region pop up window when I opened a project that I had been working on. And sometimes one region would be deleted and missing, I must confess I've yelled and pounded on my desk a couple of times.

But the past couple of days has been on another level, much worse. Logic was running slow, a couple of times in the middle of me working on an open project it would just delete sections of the song, as I mentioned in a previous post.

I rebooted the computer and was working on the project today, no problems. I don't know. That seems to have been a one off type of issue. And no, I haven't called Apple about this. Though I have sent one of those automatic reports in, the ones that pop up sometimes when an app crashes.

I don't mean to scare anyone off of updating. My experience seems to be in the minority.

4. gpax

gpax Senior Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Concerning the illegal region issue, you are not alone. Though as I reported in a recent Logic discussion, it’s hard to say if the LPX update is the issue, or the result of updating to Mojave (or both), as I did these updates in close proximity.

That being said, I seem to have the ear of someone at the Logic team, as this is the third time in recent years they’ve responded when I’ve submitted feedback; FWIW, I was actually able to reproduce the illegal region problem, and I sent that project and a profile per their request.

Also since Mojave, I’ve had a couple of the intended alerts for 32-bit apps I didn’t realize were still 32-bit. From what I’ve read, this is to alert users that support will be dropped soon, and perhaps has been dropped to some extent in Mojave, as I could not run a rar extraction tool I frequently use right after I got that alert. Today, I discovered the synsopos to launch some VSL products on its respective dongle is also not 64-bit at this point, with an alert saying the developer would need to update it soon. Who knew? The plugin did launch in Logic, though.

Wall Art Music likes this.
  5. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Senior Member

May 25, 2015
    Dublin
    I don't know if this will help at all as it might be unrelated but I and some others were getting a lot of problems with groups of notes and sometimes whole regions mysteriously disappearing from projects. This was on 10.3.x however. Here is the thread, if you read mostly from post #35 on:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/really-weird-and-annoying-logic-behaviour.65351/page-2

6. C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera Popper @ his favorite toy.

Oct 16, 2015
    Coronado CA
    When will Apple require/mandate that we update to Mojave? I am still on Low Sierra, as I have both Adobe's MCS 6 and Creative Cloud. In addition, one wonders if eventually NI will also require update to Kontakt 6. I have K Player 6, but was curious if things of all sorts would eventually stop working in Mojave.

7. lumcas

lumcas Senior Member

Jul 20, 2008