What's new

Anyone know how to stop the blinking tempo button on M-Audio Hammer 88 Pro?

I have the exact same problem with the Oxygen Pro Mini on my desktop. And it is equally annoying. As far as I can tell there is no way to shut it off permanently. I opened it up and there was no easy way I could see to disconnect the LED. And I can't figure out how to do it via software or the menus.

I went with black tape but the problem is there's still some bleed through the pads that are adjacent. But the tape was enough to hide it when not looking at it.

rgames

Does it allow you to set the internal tempo to zero? Theoretically it would then not flash at all. Just a thought…

1. Hold down the Tempo button to get to Tempo Menu
2. Push down the Enter Knob for Clock option
3. Select External option and press the same Enter Knob
4. Press Back button to exit the Tempo menu.

Unfortunately there is no way to save this permanently into memory that I know and you can't fix it with Preset Editor either....well for now. I hope M-Audio will fix this in next firmware update.
Boom! THANK YOU!!! I'm going to copy your instructions so I have them handy... I'm sure I'll soon have them memorized. Fingers crossed that M-Audio will get this fixed.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments.

There are two ways that I know of. One involves a hammer, the other, a piece of dark tape. :)
Perhaps the name "Hammer-88" was prescient on M-Audio's part...

Hi, I just had to make an account since I figured out a solution. So I have the Oxygen Pro Mini and had the same problem. Here's how I fixed it permanently. Hopefully it will work for you too.

1. Download the respective preset editor from M-Audio's site.
2. Plug in your device.
3. When you launch the preset editor there should be an option to select the source as "External" or "Internal". Choose "External".
4. Go to "File" and click "Send preset". Choose the preset you want to replace.
5. Through your device, select the preset you just made. Now hopefully when you start up your device the setting should save and the blinking should be no more.

Let me know if this works!

You don't need any software to permanently stop the blinking tempo button, you can use the Preset Edit Mode of the device:
  1. While holding the SHIFT-button, press the "Preset | Select" button (=> enter preset edit mode)
  2. Press the "Tempo | Sync" button (=> edit this function)
  3. The display should show "Tempo Clock Internal"
  4. Push the Select/Scroll encoder
  5. Turn it to change the value to "Tempo Clock External"
  6. Push the Select/Scroll encoder to enter this new value
  7. Press the "Preset | Select" button (=> exit preset edit mode)
  8. The display will show "SAVE ? Cancel"
  9. Turn the Select/Scroll encoder until it shows "SAVE ? Replace No"
  10. Push the Select/Scroll encoder
  11. Turn the Select/Scroll encoder until the display shows "SAVE ? Replace Yes"
  12. Push the Select/Scroll encoder (=> make changes to preset permanent)
  13. done

You don't need any software to permanently stop the blinking tempo button, you can use the Preset Edit Mode of the device:
  1. While holding the SHIFT-button, press the "Preset | Select" button (=> enter preset edit mode)
  2. Press the "Tempo | Sync" button (=> edit this function)
  3. The display should show "Tempo Clock Internal"
  4. Push the Select/Scroll encoder
  5. Turn it to change the value to "Tempo Clock External"
  6. Push the Select/Scroll encoder to enter this new value
  7. Press the "Preset | Select" button (=> exit preset edit mode)
  8. The display will show "SAVE ? Cancel"
  9. Turn the Select/Scroll encoder until it shows "SAVE ? Replace No"
  10. Push the Select/Scroll encoder
  11. Turn the Select/Scroll encoder until the display shows "SAVE ? Replace Yes"
  12. Push the Select/Scroll encoder (=> make changes to preset permanent)
  13. done
Hi - I hope it's ok to hijack this thread - you just solved this problem brilliantly, I thought I could ask another question. I've been around menu driven keyboards for decades, but I'm STUMPED.

My Hamme 88 Pro keeps sending Aftertouch, even when I'm not playing. Maybe a bum sensor. I'm not going to get it fixed, I was just wondering if you knew how to disable aftertouch. So far, the best I can do is get it minimized to a range of 0-1. Have you seen a toggle for this? Google and the manual haven't helped.

Thanks so much in advance if possible.

I'm sorry, I can't help off the top of my head, I'd have to go for a Google-session or something myself. It was more by chance that I was able to help with the flashing tempo button, because I had the same problem at a similar time. Regarding aftertouch, I've set up a filter in my DAW that ignores this data when I don't need it, which is usually the case.

I'm sorry, I can't help off the top of my head, I'd have to go for a Google-session or something myself. It was more by chance that I was able to help with the flashing tempo button, because I had the same problem at a similar time. Regarding aftertouch, I've set up a filter in my DAW that ignores this data when I don't need it, which is usually the case.
Thanks - I've tried the filter, but I WANT aftertouch from my other keyboards, just not the H88. Anything, thanks so much for getting back to me - I'll start a new thread maybe.

Hi - I hope it's ok to hijack this thread - you just solved this problem brilliantly, I thought I could ask another question. I've been around menu driven keyboards for decades, but I'm STUMPED.

My Hamme 88 Pro keeps sending Aftertouch, even when I'm not playing. Maybe a bum sensor. I'm not going to get it fixed, I was just wondering if you knew how to disable aftertouch. So far, the best I can do is get it minimized to a range of 0-1. Have you seen a toggle for this? Google and the manual haven't helped.

Thanks so much in advance if possible.
I have the same flashing light issue with my Arturia. The octave light flashing drives me mad when the octave is transposed..

here is the definitive solution

1. Find a beer bottle cap
2 find some blutak
3 make a sausage of blutak
4 Join the ends of the sausage
5 Press the cap onto the circular sausage
6 take the assembly and press it down to cover the light.

Job done❤️
Thank me later
You're welcome
Happy holidays.

Top Bottom