What's new

Anyone holding out on CSB for Modern Scoring Brass (MSB) ?

Are you waiting on CSB purchase until more MSB details emerge?

• Yes, I'm waiting to decide until I have more details on MSB

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No, I'm buying CSB now (or have already bought it)

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters
Pretty sure I’ll end up with both, it all depends on what the final MSB product looks like. I think CSB is a crazy value at $279 for CSS users, so if you can only afford one of them it looks like the clear choice.

If I already had CSS, then I'd already be downloading CSB, no question. But Genesis has been my favorite purchase of 2018 and so I'm happy to give Audiobro a hearing. It's nice that by waiting I'm not missing out on any time-limited promotional pricing with CSB. I respect that. In that way (pricing model), MSB will likely be the same... though pricier.

I too will probably end up with both. But, because of CSB's great pricing model, a loyalty discount and no high pressure time limited "pre-order" or "intro-offer" pricing, I can wait until I have more details on both before I choose and still get a great price.

That being said... patients and self-control are not my strong suits... :sneaky: ;) :cool:

I got CSB and I may end up getting MSB too, it seems to be like they'd cover different needs so I wouldn't be wasting money by having both if MSB turns out to be revolutionary.

I'm a VSL Brass hold-out.

BUT i am considering CSB for my non-USB key workstation - indeed, at $279 (CS2 owner), it's a deal.

we shall see in 12 days.

;)

I'm a VSL Brass hold-out.

BUT i am considering CSB for my non-USB key workstation - indeed, at $279 (CS2 owner), it's a deal.

we shall see in 12 days.

;)

As in Synchron? I have to admit I feel like their Synchron-ized Dimension Brass is sort of a pinnacle for them. DB already sounded great and its flexibility is unlikely to be matched by even an actual Synchron library. But we'll see!

In 2015 I wrote a post about building out a full setup and choosing libraries on a $20k budget. At that time there were no real brass library winners. Sure, SSB and Cinebrass were out, but there was a hole for many people. From 2015 through most of 2018... Berlin Brass, NI Brass, Adventure Brass, Caspian Brass, and Century Brass were released. Now, SStB, CSB, Infinte Brass, and MSB are here (or almost). Plus, Glory Horns, 90s trumpets and a slew of other offshoots. VSL Brass and Junkie XL Brass to come... Kinda crazy, huh?

As in Synchron? I have to admit I feel like their Synchron-ized Dimension Brass is sort of a pinnacle for them. DB already sounded great and its flexibility is unlikely to be matched by even an actual Synchron library. But we'll see!

No, the VIP2 Brass.

Top Bottom