What's new

Anyone have experience with the new Studiologic controllers (SL88 Grand/Studio)?

I know I'm very late to the party, but since no one has replied regarding the "firmware 1.6" issue:

It's no issue at all. You just need to turn off the PROGRAM CHANGE behavior of the pedals in the Global Settings and you get back the "normal functionality" (assign CC number to pedals in Zone settings). More details can be found in the manual (see support section on the studiologic homepage).
Hi all
I recently purchased a Studio logic 73, it seems to have sustain pedal issues. I contacted Studio logic support and amongst my correspondence I suggested that if I would back / reinstalled an earlier firmware version it might help. here is the seance of the reply I got,

” Sorry to ask but let me also suggest you to share this info with any User
Groups, in order to avoid tentative / damaging actions.

We (normally) try to reply within a few hours and there is no reason to
search for answers outside the official INFO mailbox, most of the times
not based on reality.

Installing an old Firmware on a new SL might create problems and the
GLOBAL Settings are saved automatically since the very first Firmware
version.

The 1.7.0 on our site if compatible with all SL we made since the very
early production batch (2015). “

I can confirm that the support that I got from Studiologic was very fast in response time and very personable and caring…. and helpful.

I just did a firmware replacement, that is, 1.7.0 over 1.7.0. All issues seem to be resolved, global and instrument settings are now saveable. I used windows 8.1. When I tried win 10, and also mac O.S.10.11.6 with I couldnt do the firmware swap, BUT i did also change the USB cable so cant be sure that that was preventing the firmware upgrade.

Top Bottom