What's new

Anyone Else Think 8dio Adagio Violas Kick Ass?

Yep,
everything correct - this is the directory they are in here (just missed the end-directory to paiste with all else)

On Windows 10 the installer has put the files here by default:
C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\My Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures

Move them here:
C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures

It works fine.

(edit): another copy of the files goes to
C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\My Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\pictures
which must be moved to
C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\pictures
in case you use Kontakt 4.

Last edited:
Using Win10 Pro and Download has: Adagio_Violas_v1.part1 to 19.rar _
BUT _ also: v1_348296.rar (3,911 KB) …… What is this ?

Installer is set to download to a separate 2TB HDD which is used just for Downloads. I extract them there as well. and then move final Folder to SDD or HDD as desired.

Nothing inherently goes to Users\my name\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt5\pictures.

BUT _ also: v1_348296.rar (3,911 KB) …… What is this ?

The second archive contains the instrument files, whereas the part1-19 contain the samples.
You need to unpack both.
Inside the rar archive will be an executable installer that needs to be run and will put some files into the mentioned folders.

The graphic files of this installer are only used in the "multi" patches. All other patches work without those.

The second archive contains the instrument files, whereas the part1-19 contain the samples.
You need to unpack both.
Inside the rar archive will be an executable installer that needs to be run and will put some files into the mentioned folders.

The graphic files of this installer are only used in the "multi" patches. All other patches work without those.

THX ! I did 'unrar' the Inst files folder (348296) … not knowing if it would be done routinely after #19.

(edit) (4) Multis. Graphics issues as posted earlier. Not sure where to look after new download and install.

Last edited:
(edit) What few 'simple' checks to confirm everything is present ? (Multis)
Ok that seems good.
Only the patches inside the folders called "Multi" (for example in the Ensemble/Multi) are affected by the graphics files. Do you see the GUI when opening one of those?

No, sorry. You said that support told you you didn't have to run the installer, so I assumed you downloaded it manually (which I did and had to run the installer).

Apologies for any confusion. Carry on without me. :)
Yes, they have a download app, which I installed and used to download the program. But then there is an installer for the multi, which crashes on launch, but that support said I don’t need. Support hasn’t yet told me how to assemble the multi properly.

Support told me the multis were a bandaid for a problem with an older version of Kontakt...so they’re not needed now.

Yes, they have a download app, which I installed and used to download the program. But then there is an installer for the multi, which crashes on launch, but that support said I don’t need. Support hasn’t yet told me how to assemble the multi properly.
Have you tried just reassembling their multis from scratch?

This is what the multis are doing in this lib:
The multis load multiple of the the nki patches (legato patches) and velocity keyswitch between them.
If you are not missing this just use the normal nki patches. You are not missing any samples just that automatic keyswitching.

If anyone knows how to load 2 or 3 patches in one instance of kontakt and keyswitch by velocity between these we could easily build these multis ourselves.

Support told me the multis were a bandaid for a problem with an older version of Kontakt...so they’re not needed now.
EDIT: Manuel beat me to this by a few seconds.

The multis allow you to use velocity to switch between different types of legato. You should ask them exactly how you'd do it without the multi.

Everyone who has an open ticket with this issue should ask them this and maybe they'll actually fix it. The only bandaid here is that they're trying to get around fixing it.

Last edited:
Support wrote back and basically said that they are no longer supporting the multis as in the current version of Kontakt they are simply several patches loaded together. They suggested simply making my own multis and saving them in the usual manner.

Still why they haven’t updated the files and/or documentation to reflect this is beyond me.

EDIT: Manuel beat me to this by a few seconds.

The multis allow you to use velocity to switch between different types of legato. You should ask them exactly how you'd do it without the multi. Everyone who has an open ticket with this issue should ask them this and maybe they'll actually fix it.
Nothing from support about the multis actually containing velocity switches, which as I understand it you’d have to build with a multiscript. So either support doesn’t know this or they are dissembling, neither of which is exactly reassuring.

Top Bottom