What's new

Anyone else having problems with SINE player???

ManukaLuka

Hey everyone.

I recently purchased the new Tableau Solo Strings from Orchestral tools and I am really excited to use it. But, either the library or the SINE player is causing my DAW to crash (Abelton), this happens whenever I load the library or change articulations. I've also tried it in Logic and had the same issue. On occasion I will get this error message:

Synchronization timed out during asynchronous rendering. Not enough in audio queue.

I have reported the problem to Orchestral tool's and Abelton. Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

Thanks.

This is a known issue with Sine. I encounter the same problem in Reaper in a busy project.
The only workaround in Reaper is to load a project in an “offline mode” and turn on the Sine plug-in afterwards.
Or to have Sine instances sit in VE Pro only, if you use VE Pro.

I have possibly similar problem in Reaper, where if I save a project with the SINE interface being open, the project freezes on the next load trying to load the articulations.

SINE Player does a real number on my CPU usage in FL Studio and I have experienced crashes. It just doesn’t seem stable at all. It’s a shame because I think the interface is pretty good, but i avoid using or buying OT products because of it.

On a PC satellite computer, inside VE Pro 6 it's working perfectly. Main DAW is a separate computer (Mac, Digital Performer) but I doubt the DAW has any impact.

I have issues with all new players. Sine is very slow and unresponsive and refuses to load in logic. Spitfires player is similarly slow and unresponsive and often crashes logic for me.

Only Kontakt seem responsive and reliable which is a shame since it’s, in contrast to the others, quite outdated in terms of ux and ui. I’d love it if the newer players were more reliable.

Last edited:
My issue is SINE (v.1.0.2) won't download the update to v1.0.3.509. I contacted OT support, tried their suggestions but never resolved....
Oh, and stuck notes are so annoying!

Hmm. I sent them a couple of screenshots within the player showing the progress bars being stuck at the get go. They never mentioned to download from their website so I'll check that out!

The only workaround in Reaper is to load a project in an “offline mode” and turn on the Sine plug-in afterwards.

Oh really? That's super disappointing there is nothing else I can do. I honestly feel as if I have wasted my money now, seeing as their player is basically unusable.

Last edited:
I haven't tried opening Sine player in any DAW's yet as this is my first download/use, but I'm bracing myself because even just operating Sine player on it's own is slow. Admittedly I'm downloading something at the moment from it so that could be part of the issue.

On a side note, Sine player is relatively new right? Compared to Kontakt? I mean it can only improve if the DEV's get on top of things right?

I, currently, have to reinstall SINE every couple days, because it loses some C++ library dependency and freezes Reaper on a project load.

EDIT: Reaper 6.13, Windows 10 (1903), i7-7820X, 64GB, SATA SSD.

Last edited:
I, currently, have to reinstall SINE every couple days, because it loses some C++ library dependency and freezes Reaper on a project load.
I know you can pay a fee of some sort to allow for Kontakt versions of OT vst's to allow you to play on sine player, is it possible to do the reverse? Download something meant for sine player but load it on Kontakt if it is a product supported by Kontakt? Or are you essentially stuck with Sine player?

SINE is completely unuseable in my experience. My interest in OT libraries (which I find excellent) that are not running with Kontakt is on hold.
I think it is a prime example of yet another proprietary system that offers no benefit for the user and instead it causes nothing but unnecessary headaches. Maybe it would have been a bit different if they had kept it in development for another year or two. Maybe. But these things are a huge undertaking from a development point of view, and a big investment. Maybe a too big of a chunk than what they could swallow.

I'm using SINE with a newer library (Tableau Solo Strings) that I don't believe have been available for Kontakt. I doubt OT would be commercially interested in porting their newer products to Kontakt (although Arkhis).

At this moment I'm reevaluating my plans of purchasing SINE versions of Metropolis Arks.

One thing I like about SINE is the ability to switch articulations with PROGRAM CHANGE. For me currently it's the most convenient way of programing articulations in the MIDI edit window.

Sucks to hear that people are having bad experiences with SINE, ever since the first update it’s been working really well for me, no issues at all. I have one project where a trumpet has a hanging note the first time I load it up but other than that, very smooth for me.

Top Bottom