What's new

Any Zendrum users here?

PerryD

I am considering getting a Zendrum. Is it still (arguably) the best pad controller available for triggering drum samples? I have wanted one since they first came out many years ago. A nice E-Kit would be an option...if I were a kit drummer. I am not a fan of push button pad controllers. The Zendrum apparently has very sensitive piezo triggers and a wide dynamic range. I would love to hear from any current Zendrum users.

-Perry-

Hello, I'm a longtime Zendrummer. I also produce hardware and software for the company.

Though no longer very active, there's a ton of info buried in the forums at https://zendrum.com/forums
There's also an active community on FB that can answer any questions you may have https://www.facebook.com/groups/460705190629717

hope this helps!
Thanks Torgo. I found out that the owner lives about 30 miles from me here in Georgia. Super nice guy! He gave me a tour of his shop and let me play his personal Zendrum. Zendrums truly are handcrafted instruments. He has a great work ethic and wants to keep them hand crafted. :) I hope to get one soon.
-Perry-

I would love to hear from any current Zendrum users.
Hey PerryD,

I don't currently own one but I did spend some time performing with them as a Disney musician. I've considered getting my own for inputting drum tracks as well (even though I can play a drum kit).

You have some variety of global trigger sensitivity adjustment on the zendrum itself. The software available for the Zendrum allowed users to go further by dialing in sensitivities for each isolated trigger as well. And you're able to set up (and save) a number of playing configurations as well as the sensitivity settings for each configuration.

As Torgo pointed out there is an active FB community full of plenty of people who can answer very technical questions related to the instrument and different ways to program it.

Very solid instruments (especially when they're protected from weather) and the finished are really nice. I had 7 of them to choose from at Disney. I got spoiled!

Hope that helps in some way.

Hey PerryD,

I don't currently own one but I did spend some time performing with them as a Disney musician. I've considered getting my own for inputting drum tracks as well (even though I can play a drum kit).

You have some variety of global trigger sensitivity adjustment on the zendrum itself. The software available for the Zendrum allowed users to go further by dialing in sensitivities for each isolated trigger as well. And you're able to set up (and save) a number of playing configurations as well as the sensitivity settings for each configuration.

As Torgo pointed out there is an active FB community full of plenty of people who can answer very technical questions related to the instrument and different ways to program it.

Very solid instruments (especially when they're protected from weather) and the finished are really nice. I had 7 of them to choose from at Disney. I got spoiled!

Hope that helps in some way.
I have seen videos of "Future Corps" from Disneyworld from the 80's & 90's. As a trumpet player, I wish they had made some studio recordings. Absolutely amazing players! I was an "alternate" trumpet player at Disneyland (CA) but nobody ever called out sick. :/ Ha! When I saw my trumpet teacher waiting in line for auditions, and he was nervous, I knew it was going to be tough.

Top Bottom