Any News on Upcoming Brass libraries?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by JMJ33101, Nov 8, 2018 at 1:22 PM.

1. JMJ33101

JMJ33101 Active Member

Aug 24, 2018
    The title says it. I know Cinematic Studios is doing one and Spitfire is doing the next part of their Studio series. Anyone got any news? I might bite on Hollywood Brass cause of the sale they have now.

2. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    I don't think there's any Cinematic Studio Brass news, but you can get your weekly brass fix from Waverunner's smokin' hot trumpet, just released a few days ago.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:10 PM
    rottoy likes this.
  3. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    There's supposedly a new "game changing" orchestral library coming from someone in November. It's likely to be brass (my speculation), and maybe from Audiobro (my speculation).

HB might be worth having in any case. Lots of good content. No need for Diamond imo. You'll probably only use the main mic's that come with Gold.

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    JMJ33101

JMJ33101 Active Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Do you have an idea who will be doing this “game changing” library? And are the Main mics the Mics above the conductor?

5. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Audio Modeling are demoing their new SWAM Brass in Jan 2019 and releasing it some time in Spring 2019.

A rough roadmap...

6. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    I appreciate this tip, Jamwerks, as I'm looking at HWB Gold vs Diamond. I was trying to ask this in a different thread but it got buried.

Normally I'd not want to skip out on multiple mic positions, but including the cost of mailing drives (Diamond) vs downloading (Gold) it works out to roughly double the cost to get Diamond over Gold, plus the bigger file sizes loading in Play and the RAM usage seem like a headache.

And Diamond doesn't include the option to just load up the 16-bit size files from Gold, does it?

7. samplestuff

samplestuff Active Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Very curious about this.

8. OP
    OP
    JMJ33101

JMJ33101 Active Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Does anyone know how to avoid the pipe organ effect on Brass libraries? And what causes it

9. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The main mic's are usually a few feet behind the conductor, up about 10 feet. For most libraries multi mic's are useful, but HB you probably won't use the mids or close, the Mains are fairly close and not too ambient so a great all arounder.

As for the new library, a couple of the beta testers here have commented on the hight quality but not the developer.

FWIW, I just got Century Brass. Currently testing and preping for template. I'm very impressed so far.

Cinebrass is also a great option.

10. Karl Feuerstake

Karl Feuerstake Senior Member

Jun 12, 2014
    could be an orchestrational problem

11. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Having too many of the same instruments play could give you that impression. In the sample world, it seems that crossfading between different velocity layers can give phasing that can make that sound "pipe organish".

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 2:25 AM
  12. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Think I've read something about a successor to "angry brass" by performance samples. Not sure if solo or section. I'm considering to buy caspian in the next sale, but think I haven't put enough work in to try and make NI Symphony Series Brass work for me.

13. Jackles

Jackles Senior Member

Feb 21, 2014
    France