What's new

Any News on Upcoming Brass libraries?

JMJ33101

The title says it. I know Cinematic Studios is doing one and Spitfire is doing the next part of their Studio series. Anyone got any news? I might bite on Hollywood Brass cause of the sale they have now.

The title says it. I know Cinematic Studios is doing one and Spitfire is doing the next part of their Studio series. Anyone got any news? I might bite on Hollywood Brass cause of the sale they have now.
I don't think there's any Cinematic Studio Brass news, but you can get your weekly brass fix from Waverunner's smokin' hot trumpet, just released a few days ago.

Last edited:
There's supposedly a new "game changing" orchestral library coming from someone in November. It's likely to be brass (my speculation), and maybe from Audiobro (my speculation).

HB might be worth having in any case. Lots of good content. No need for Diamond imo. You'll probably only use the main mic's that come with Gold.

There's supposedly a new "game changing" orchestral library coming from someone in November. It's likely to be brass (my speculation), and maybe from Audiobro (my speculation).

HB might be worth having in any case. Lots of good content. No need for Diamond imo. You'll probably only use the main mic's that come with Gold.
Do you have an idea who will be doing this “game changing” library? And are the Main mics the Mics above the conductor?

Audio Modeling are demoing their new SWAM Brass in Jan 2019 and releasing it some time in Spring 2019.

• January 2019 - NAMM Show (Los Angeles): demo of SWAM Brass prototype and SWAM for iOS
  • Spring 2019: SWAM v3, SWAM Brass and SWAM for iOS

A rough roadmap...

No need for Diamond imo. You'll probably only use the main mic's that come with Gold.
I appreciate this tip, Jamwerks, as I'm looking at HWB Gold vs Diamond. I was trying to ask this in a different thread but it got buried.

Normally I'd not want to skip out on multiple mic positions, but including the cost of mailing drives (Diamond) vs downloading (Gold) it works out to roughly double the cost to get Diamond over Gold, plus the bigger file sizes loading in Play and the RAM usage seem like a headache.

And Diamond doesn't include the option to just load up the 16-bit size files from Gold, does it?

Very curious about this.

Does anyone know how to avoid the pipe organ effect on Brass libraries? And what causes it

The main mic's are usually a few feet behind the conductor, up about 10 feet. For most libraries multi mic's are useful, but HB you probably won't use the mids or close, the Mains are fairly close and not too ambient so a great all arounder.

As for the new library, a couple of the beta testers here have commented on the hight quality but not the developer.

FWIW, I just got Century Brass. Currently testing and preping for template. I'm very impressed so far.

Cinebrass is also a great option.

Does anyone know how to avoid the pipe organ effect on Brass libraries? And what causes it
Having too many of the same instruments play could give you that impression. In the sample world, it seems that crossfading between different velocity layers can give phasing that can make that sound "pipe organish".

Last edited:
Think I've read something about a successor to "angry brass" by performance samples. Not sure if solo or section. I'm considering to buy caspian in the next sale, but think I haven't put enough work in to try and make NI Symphony Series Brass work for me.

Top Bottom