What's new

Any love for the 8Dio New Plucked Grand Piano?

I love me some plucked pianos!... but between the two UVI prepares pianos, the 8DIO prepared grand, and the Soundiron Plucked, I think I, like you, probably have my basses covered on plinky plonky piano stuff... (... At this point it’s a coin toss whether I end up picking this one up o_O :rofl:)

It doesn't have a lot of reverb on it. Hammered and plucked. And I think you can do an A/B blend of them. There's also the LFO thing. And I probably have plenty but for $8, I figured I could try it.

I have 2 or 3 of the Hybrid tools already. So I probably won't get the NEO. They tend to sound alike to me after a while. I know if you use this type of stuff they probably don't sound the same. And if you don't have any, this one seems to cover the bases.

Spending more time with this, I adore the hammered samples. I never realized how long the recorded sustain is - some of the lower strings are about 17 seconds long, the middle and higher strings range from 8-15 seconds. At times it feels more like some of my zithers and dulcimers, which I love. Something like the Xtended Piano's plucked patch has a slightly longer sustain, but it sounds a bit closer to a harpsichord.

Top Bottom