Any love for Gullfoss?

Bansi

I don't see any comment in the forum about Gullfoss, what do you think? Tried for 2 weeks.On sale now.I am tempted because I am a decent piano player but a lousy engineer and I find that even if I try to do my best with eq it helps me add a lot of clarity in a dense mix.

vitocorleone123

Much love here. Really can clear up some muddy areas. Easy to overdo, though, if not careful.

I most often use it on vocal tracks and master (I'm merely a knowledgeable hobbyist with some headphones).

Last edited:

brett

Depends on your computer as this is all relative. On my aging hex core Xeon it’s a decent hit but honestly not as much as I anticipated given what it’s doing.

Don’t forget it does add a small amount of latency

vrocko

Depends on your computer as this is all relative. On my aging hex core Xeon it’s a decent hit but honestly not as much as I anticipated given what it’s doing.

Don’t forget it does add a small amount of latency
Thanks brett. Definitely going to give it a try when I get back.

babylonwaves

Darth Fader
it's on everything. and in fact it shows me what i've should change in the first place, so if there's time, I go back to the individual tracks and that helps a lot as well-

tokatila

YES! I just bought it after seeing how well it handled my live recordings of my daughters' recitals (with unoptimal microphone positioning).

Akarin

nicolas-schuele.com
Loving it. On piano or solo strings tracks and then on the master. I rarely use it on the final mix but it's a tremendous help in identifying problem areas.

JyTy

Music Addict
Just found this thread as I was looking for any thoughts on this plugin. Seems like a great thing to try. Found this so I will just drop it here:
There is a code for 30% discount For the Gullfoss plugin in the video description. Was circulating on some production FB groups. Hope somebody else finds it useful as well.

PeterN

All the hype and company cant even put company location on website. Could it be Iceland? Or even outer space?

Well after a separate googling it turns out to be UK.

Cant stand it when a company sells stuff for hundreds and has no location. Maybe Im old school. Pardon.

Last edited:

Scottyb

So much love from me! Man it's the 'lightning in a bottle' that just works its magic! Goes on every single track either on the master for a quick mix or in mastering. Love it!!

Greg

Yes, lots! I havent had the guts to use it on my master yet but for pianos and strings its essential now

Monkberry

I use it on occasion on the mix bus. Sometimes it helps and other times I don't feel it needs to be there.